• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Flash projector player (Standalone) displaying "Your adobe flash player version is too old

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest version of Adobe Animate installed and with it comes the Standalone flash player (projector player) version 35.0.0.1, i.e. this file FlashPlayer.exe which is inside the "Players" folder in the following path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate 2022\Players\Release

Clearly, I am using the latest version at the time this post is written.

When I open a swf file using the said projector player, I get a warning message saying "Your Adobe Flash Player version is too old, there may be security risks. It is recommended to update to the latest version."

Two buttons appear below the message: "Cancel" and "Update". Clicking update takes me to this page: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life-alternative.html , a page that says "Flash player has been reitred".

So what is this all about?

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue - which is annoying, because it is a standalone app running in our clients showroom. it auto-starts in the morning and displays this message the day until someone clicks it manually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since a few days when I start the standalone player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. The same thing happens to me for my applications. My customers are very upset. Does anyone have any information on how to avoid this disaster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

A shot in the dark, but my best guess is that this issue happens because Adobe is redirecting all links related to Flash Player to the We have retired Flash. page (https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life-alternative.html). So everytime a standalone projector is opened, it tries to check for updates but the links it may use internally are now broken and that's why that pop-up is displayed. Again, just a guess.

So my best advice is for everybody to switch over to AIR for desktop because the AS3 code should be the same and AIR is much more powerful and versatile than the Flash Player.

https://airsdk.harman.com/download

But please let the team know about this problem here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever the reason behind this is, it's unarguably a bug Adobe has to fix, a simple one I might add. 

I've filed a bug report and got no response or follow up. I'm not sure whether Adobe treats all its products with the same level of nonchalance or is it just Animate that is neglected in this way.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines