Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20636 ディスカッション

Iris xe GPU Rendering Issue with Chrome

william_eth
ビギナー
5,087件の閲覧回数

Hi,

We found that Iris xe GPU has some issue with chrome browser pdf rendering.

Here is the example of our testing notebook: HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC 

Please look at the attachment that shows the issue. We are receiving not only these issues at this notebook but also any brands that use the Iris xe GPU.

The workaround solution we found is to turn off Chrome's accelerated 2d canvas setting. (The Chrome version is the latest.)

Is this issue resolved by any updated patch version? Thank you.

Reference:
1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-display-broken-in-chrome-conflict-with-intel/0cc42ee8-b926-4fe4-87a7-3f4777206620
2. https://support.papersapp.com/support/solutions/articles/30000046026-pdf-rendering-issues-in-google-chrome-on-windows-10

0 件の賞賛
15 返答(返信)
DeividA_Intel
従業員
5,052件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your computer.  

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Does this issue also appear with an external monitor?

3. Do you see any other issues with Chrome while viewing websites or videos?

4. Does this issue only appear on PDF?

5. When did this issue start?

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate the screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

william_eth
ビギナー
5,036件の閲覧回数

Hi Deivid,

1. The attachment "detail_computer_info.txt" is the information of this notebook.
2. Yes, it also appears with an external monitor.
3. Nope, I only found the issue at rendering pdf, but I can not figure out that it is the chrome, GPU, or javascript package issue. For rendering, We use the latest version of the react-pdf package  ( https://github.com/wojtekmaj/react-pdf ), but GitHub has not found any related matters. I will also try report this issue to them, too.
4. Yes, I think this issue only appears on PDF.
5. We first received this issue in March 2022, but we didn't find the case on any testing devices until we bought the same machine as our customer.

Here is a simple react-pdf demo website for easy showing the issue happening.

DeividA_Intel
従業員
5,012件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth, 

Thanks for the information provided. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm if this issue is also present with the latest Intel driver:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

william_eth
ビギナー
4,982件の閲覧回数

Hi Deivid,

I already updated the latest Intel driver (version:30.0.101.1994); I took a screenshot as an attachment.

The latest version does not resolve the rendering issue.

Regards,

DeividA_Intel
従業員
4,968件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel
従業員
4,872件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to inform you that we were able to replicate this issue in our Labs with the latest drivers.  

When we test using our latest internal build the issue is no longer visible both Chrome and Edge show the PDF correctly regardless of the 2D canvas settings used.

At the moment, we will need to wait for the next 2-3 driver releases and this issue will be fixed by then.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

william_eth
ビギナー
4,817件の閲覧回数

Hello Deivid,

Thanks for the information; I have no more questions, but when the fixed version is released, could you reply to this topic?

Again, I very much appreciate your support. =D

DeividA_Intel
従業員
4,854件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth, 

Before we finish, I would like to know if you have any further questions. Please let me know if you have any inquiries related to this matter.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel
従業員
4,838件の閲覧回数

Hello william_eth,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new post. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

NathanGP
ビギナー
4,565件の閲覧回数

Hi, any idea when this will be launched?  Still have issue with rendering pdfs?

Thanks

JoshPott8
ビギナー
4,516件の閲覧回数

Any updates on when this is being released. I'm still seeing issues with canvas' on web

n_scott_pearson
スーパーユーザー
4,492件の閲覧回数

Intel Support Agents are not allowed to speculate regarding if and when specific features (or fixes) will be made available. They find out about new releases barely before you do. Bottom line, you'll just have to watch for releases appearing and read the Release Notes to see if this particular feature/fix is included. Pinging in this conversation over and over is accomplishing nothing.

...S

MarkTroy
ビギナー
3,274件の閲覧回数

I am just wondering if this has been included in any recent release of the driver? Not after an ETA as such if you cannot provide one but I would like to know if this has been already released.

I can only find the release notes for the March and April drivers but am not able to easily find earlier updates.

MarkTroy
ビギナー
3,250件の閲覧回数

Ok, an update to this. I just found someone in my organisation who has one of the offending laptops (Iris XE graphics). We upgraded their drivers to the 04/2023 version and the problem persists so a patch has still not made it through as of yet it would seem.

eUnity
ビギナー
87件の閲覧回数

We are still seeing the same problem with pieces of text missing when rendering text on an HTML canvas element, very similar to the screenshoot posted by the original post.

We're on Windows 11, intel driver information:

• Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics
  • Adapter Type Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
  • Driver Version 31.0.101.4502

@DeividA_Intel any update on whether a fix has been released yet? I believe my driver is very recent. This has potential safety implications given the nature of some web applications used in healthcare. Missing text labels is a big problem in certain contexts.

This issue is isolated to intel driver. The issue does not occur when running the same code, in the same envrironment, but on web-gl or on an Nvidia graphics driver.

返信