Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 ディスカッション

Issues with audio sync - Intel Z690 on ASUS Z690-F motherboard

GinaB
ビギナー
1,129件の閲覧回数

Hello, I recently built a new PC with an ASUS Z690-F motherboard (Intel Z690 chipset w/Intel UHD Graphics 770, using Intel Arc Graphics Accelerator drivers).  I am using Windows 11 Pro and have the most recent drivers installed (see below). 

I'm having audio sync issues while streaming video in web browsers (both Chrome & FF) where the audio starts off fine but eventually gets badly out of sync with the video.  A refresh of the browser fixes it but only temporarily.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers without a fix.  Any suggestions on how to fix or troubleshoot?

Thanks, Gina

drivers2.jpgdrivers3.jpg

drivers.jpg

0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)
Jean_Intel
従業員
1,091件の閲覧回数

Hello GinaB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing audio issues when streaming video in web browsers.

Is this issue only present when streaming video from browsers? Or is it present on other programs?

• Is the issue present using the monitor/display speakers?
  • Try using a different audio interface, maybe headphones or speakers.
  • Could you try recording a video showing the error?
  • Create a system report using Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

GinaB
ビギナー
1,063件の閲覧回数

Hi Jean, 

Thanks for the reply - it took me quite some time to log back in and respond because your site was constantly giving these errors on login from both Chrome and FF browsers (screenshot below).

I recorded a video showing how the video gets out of sync with the audio in a browser.  Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nryieguqrthedyw/audiosync.mp4?dl=0
This video was taken in a Firefox browser from the Science Channel's streaming cable site.  Audio is fine for a period of time (varies widely) but then eventually does get badly out of sync with the video, requiring a browser manual refresh (F5) to get it back in sync.  It also happens in Chrome but I haven't had time to sit and watch TV and wait for the issue to occur there.  

My audio is optical out from the PC to a receiver.  My previous PCs have never had an issue with this setup, so I am thinking it something driver-related.  The PC I upgraded from (i9-9900) with this same sound set up was also using a RealTek driver on Intel integrated graphics and Windows 11 Pro and had no sync issues.

If you have no ideas for me to try and start troubleshooting the issue, I can create a SSU ticket.

Thanks,

Gina

Screenshot 2023-03-16 112321.jpg

Jean_Intel
従業員
1,043件の閲覧回数

Hello GinaB,

We appreciate the information you provided.

Before we provide you with troubleshooting, we would like to have a better understanding of your issue. Please, provide me with the following:

• How are you connecting the receiver to the PC? Are you using an HDMI cable?
  • What is the model of your audio receiver?
  • If you do not use the audio receiver and use another audio device, for example, headphones, does the issue persist?
  • Is the issue only present when streaming videos through a web browser? Have you experienced audio issues on other applications?
  • The SSU report will gather system information that will help us investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

GinaB
ビギナー
1,009件の閲覧回数

Hi Jean,

I did the SSU today (link below).  I tried to submit the report but there were errors (screenshot at the bottom of this post).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a2udt70oo3mf7u/SSU%20March%2022%202023.txt?dl=0

I haven't had time to try more troubleshooting, but I did try using the headphones. When plugging in headphones to the onboard jack, the video pauses - and after it's unpaused, the video is re-synced with the audio (counts as a refresh). However, if leaving the headphones plugged in, the lag will return (through the headphones).

I am using optical out to my Sony receiver. I know it's not the receiver as I have used it with many setups in the same way - it is not causing the lag.

I am going to do some testing with a discreet card I have and see if the issues exist when using that or if they are resolved.

Thanks,

Gina

Screenshot 2023-03-22 180600.jpg

Jean_Intel
従業員
1,023件の閲覧回数

Hello GinaB,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel
従業員
983件の閲覧回数

Hello GinaB,

We appreciate the information provided.

Since you mentioned that your Sony receiver is using an optical out cable, and the issue also occurs when you use headphones, this may indicate that the issue is not being caused by an Intel Product (for example Graphics driver). We recommend you contact Asus Support for further support regarding this problem.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
950件の閲覧回数

Hello GinaB,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

返信