Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
131 ディスカッション

ERROR: permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket (MLOps)

deeps
ビギナー
1,639件の閲覧回数

Hi,

I need help in running the docker for deployment. I have tried the debugging step in the VSCode terminal connected to SSH using the following reference. However, I am getting permission denied.

https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/linux-postinstall/#manage-docker-as-a-non-root-user

I am not getting the details displayed while running the code for getting API response from the server. I have attached all the relevant screenshots of the problems mentioned herewith.

ラベル(4)
0 件の賞賛
8 返答(返信)
Zulkifli_Intel
モデレーター
1,596件の閲覧回数

Hi Deeps,

Thank you for reaching out.

This error may be due to the unprivileged user does not belong to the docker group.

Try to run this command:

1. sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER
  2. newgrp docker

If the issue still persists, please do a restart. 

Regards,

Zulkifli

deeps
ビギナー
1,563件の閲覧回数

Hi Zulkifli,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried both the commands and restarted as well. Still, I am getting the error "ERROR: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

Kindly help me in resolving this.

Thank you.

Zulkifli_Intel
モデレーター
1,537件の閲覧回数

Hi Deeps,

Please share with us your instance details. Also, can you help to share all the related files and relevant information for us to investigate this issue further?

Regards,

Zulkifli

deeps
ビギナー
1,513件の閲覧回数

Hi Zulkifli,

I was trying to run lab1 of MLOps course and ran into this error. Please find the instance details herewith.

Instance Name           Ip                State                      Instance Type                                                        

main
 Ready
Small VM - Intel® Xeon 4th Gen ® Scalable processor

Kindly help me with the same. The error images were attached in the initial part of this query.

Thank you.

deeps
ビギナー
1,437件の閲覧回数

Hi Zulkifli,

Please find the code that I tried out in the IDC with VSCode from the GitHub link given below.

https://github.com/Deepthi-AJ/certified-developer/tree/78d8e0e66350fc6c737a1b5b54f5244b31d80499/MLOps_Professional/lab1

Instance Name           Ip                State                      Instance Type                                                        

main
 Ready
Small VM - Intel® Xeon 4th Gen ® Scalable processor

My instance details are included above.

Please help me resolve this permission error while trying to deploy the code using docker commands. I would be grateful if you can provide the commands given for the same for me to try out as well.

Thank you in expectation of receiving a solution at the earliest possible since I am trying to refresh the concepts of the course on an extended timeline basis.

Zulkifli_Intel
モデレーター
1,386件の閲覧回数

Hi deeps,

Sorry for the late response.

I'm replicating the issue on my side and getting a similar error as yours.

error.png

Running these 2 commands resolved the issue.

sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER

newgrp docker

I am also able to build the sample in the lab1 folder.

build_success.png

Note that I'm not using Visual Studio Code to build this sample. Can you give it a try?

Regards,

Zulkifli

deeps
ビギナー
1,341件の閲覧回数

Thanks @Zulkifli_Intel 

Attended a lab doubt resolution session after I had submitted the second query in the forum for the MLOps labs and got it resolved during the time. 

Sorry for the delayed updation!

Zulkifli_Intel
モデレーター
1,313件の閲覧回数

Hi deeps,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Therefore, this thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Zulkifli

返信