Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 ディスカッション

Cannot find various driver updates, mosty for Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family

Paulindr
初心者
1,945件の閲覧回数

Hi.
I tried searching driver updates that my Antivirus app (AVAST) tells me are out of date (the warning notification supplied the list below with no additional details). 1 attempt to download 1 driver from one supposed source (Driver Hub?) ended up with a virus warning. Searching my laptop supplier's web site (HP) never gained a result! Results from the Intel site were far too difficult to understand.

My device is running Windows 11.
I (supposedly) need updates for:
1) Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9D14
    Supposedly version 10.1.5.2 (released 9 January 2019)
2) Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/)O PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15
3) Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O PCI Express Root Port #9- 9D18
4) Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
    Supposedly version 27.20.100.9510 (released 11 April 2021)
5) Mobile 7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O LPC Controller (U with iHDCP2.2 Premium) - 9D4E
6) Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1
    Supposedly version 2306.4.3.0 (released 7 February 2023)

I'd really appreciate know how to search for each so as to end up with a single link to each driver I need to update (not a list of 58 drivers one of which might be what I need --- if I was technical enough to understand the driver description --- which is what the Intel site provided). Alternatively, an actual link to each would obviously resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)
AlHill
スーパーユーザー
1,934件の閲覧回数

You want Intel to help you with an avast driver app?  Have you asked avast to help you?

Then, you use some other 3rd party driver update, which does not work, and risk a potential virus?

Have you asked HP to help you on their hardware?  It will not matter, but you should have gone there.  They would refuse to help you anyway.

And, you never provide your processor model number.

You are trying to run Windows 11 on a mobile 6th/7th gen processor?  You do know that Windows 11 only supports 8th gen and later processors, right?

You do know that 6th and 7th gen processors are no longer supported, right?

So, you get yourself into a mess and you come here for help on a config that is not supported.

Sorry, nothing can be done here.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Paulindr
初心者
1,914件の閲覧回数

AlHill (Superuser)

How sad that you chose such a tone for your reply to my request for help.

I will not reply to each individual point you made as you began by making a significant error and everything went downhill from there.

Instead, I will be quite direct and say that when anyone politely asks for help, especially in a system designed to invite request for help, there is NEVER any justification for ANY respondee (not even a "superuser") to be condescending or attempt to belittle a person seeking help. You did both, which was and always will be a very poor choice of how to respond.

Buried in your reply, there were elements that could have been presented in a helpful manner. You chose to mask them in a personal attack on me.

My suggestion is that you either do not respond to requests for help or that you do so in a respectful manner without assuming what levels of knowledge and skills the people you are answering might have. We, the people who are requesting assistance (who, thereby tacitly acknowledge we lack skills and knowledge), are hugely indebted to all those who give up their time and donate their expertise just to freely assist people they do not know and will never meet. People who are condescending or attack us do a massive disservice to the vast majority who only assist and almost always in an overtly friendly manner. Please do learn from them.

Nonetheless, I do sincerely thank you for taking the time to reply. I did extract (from your reply) the reminder (because I had forgotten it) that Windows 11 uses not less than 8th generation processors, which means that the warning AVAST gave me (about out-of-date INTEL 6th/7th generation processor drivers) cannot be relevant to or based on the hardware in my device and must therefore be part of a fraudulent method to get people to buy AVAST software. What a shame you didn't just tell me so, in a friendly and helpful manner, which would have taken you less time and would have left me feeling entirely positive.
AlHill
スーパーユーザー
1,903件の閲覧回数

Glad to help.

Next time, do not dig a hole and seek the proper help before you make your situation worse.

Paulindr
初心者
1,902件の閲覧回数

I see that my previous reply did not assist you to see there is a better way to communicate with others.
I will not reply t yu further. My previous response explains all.

AlHill
スーパーユーザー
1,897件の閲覧回数

So does mine.   Since you are not technical (as you say), do not try to be.   By trying to be, you create a bigger problem.   And, you should NEVER use a 3rd party driver site as you NEVER know what country is collecting your information and what payload your downloads may contain.

You can be as snide as you want, but my responses lay it out without any sugarcoating.   If you do not know what you are doing, then do not do it.   Complain as much as you want.

Now, to get to windows 11, you had to make a patch.   You should never have done that.   And, you failed to install the chipset INF from HP (if they even provide it) before you did anything else.

Good luck with your configuration.

返信