Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14555 ディスカッション

Error : intel virtualisation technology and intel VT-x with extended page table not enabled.

bnaik1
ビギナー
3,958件の閲覧回数

Hi Team,

I have purchased a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T14 with 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1270P ,

however installed VMware workstation and try to  deploy ESXi in a VM getting below error message . 

++++ ++++ +++++++++ +++++++++
VMware Workstation does not support nested virtualization on this host.

Module 'MonitorMode' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.
+++++ ++++++ ++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Tried same thing in my colleague laptop it working fine.

Did some analysis came to know that intel virtualization technology and intel vt-x with extended page tables both are in disabled mode on CPU level.

however in BIOS level intel virtualisation technology was enabled. 

I saw few post in this forum with similar kind of issue  ,but no solution found.

if any know the solution ,kindly suggest me to fix this issue.

Attached screenshot for references.

NOTE : hyper-v is in disable mode.

@ArtemyV  @CSR_Admin @intel 

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)
Alberto_R_Intel
従業員
3,925件の閲覧回数

bnaik1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, it is important to mention, that when you are using a mobile device, such as a laptop, everything is customized by the computer's manufacturer. They can enable/disable BIOS settings as well as features and functions on the device to comply with the functionality advertised for their products.

As you can confirm in the link below the Intel® Core™ i7-1270P processor supports:

• Intel® Virtualization Technology with Redirect Protection (VT-rp) 
  • Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) 
  • Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
  • Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) 

Still, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Alberto_R_Intel
従業員
3,915件の閲覧回数

Hello bnaik1, I just received an update on this matter.

Please verify the following links where you will be able to verify that they talked about how virtualization can be enabled but not functioning:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000060050/processors.html

Check question 4 in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005486/processors.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

返信