Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14567 ディスカッション

Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Issue.

rg16
ビギナー
1,805件の閲覧回数

I'm experiencing persistent errors with Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 in the Device Manager. Here are the details:

1. I recently performed a fresh installation of Windows 11 on December 29, 2023.

2. Despite attempting to update the driver, the error persists.

3. The Intel Driver Support Assistant indicates that my drivers are up to date.

4. Initially, the technology worked, but the problem emerged a few days later.

5. My BIOS is current.

6. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology (ITBM) is enabled in the BIOS.

7. The processor is overclocked using EVGA OC software, from 3.00 to 4.50.

Despite my efforts, all the information I find is outdated. I've been unable to locate turbo boost software on the Intel website, and Windows support offers generic instructions on driver updates. I have attached screenshots for reference. If anyone can provide assistance, I would greatly appreciate it as I've run out of ideas.

Actual ErrorActual ErrorDevice ListDevice List

Window ServicesWindow Services

Intel Driver AssistIntel Driver Assist

It did work at some point.It did work at some point.

0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)
Alberto_R_Intel
従業員
1,751件の閲覧回数

rg16, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

rg16
ビギナー
1,736件の閲覧回数

Here you go...TY for the reply.

Alberto_R_Intel
従業員
1,704件の閲覧回数

rg16, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for providing the SSU document.

After checking the SSU report we can confirm, as you mentioned, that Windows* 11 was properly installed, that the drivers and BIOS are up to date, and all the components are properly recognized.

Regarding the Intel® Turbo Boost software and drivers we would like to let you know that Intel Turbo Boost Technology 3.0 Driver & Control Panel Application (ITBM) was removed from Intel® download center due to there is an unmitigated vulnerability resulting in a PSIRT issue, so we need to have the binaries removed from download center. There are no plans to develop any new versions, so that means, the drivers and applications will disappear from our download center.

By removing the drivers and applications, you haven’t lost any CPU features of Intel Turbo Boost Max technology, the Windows Operating System has the support natively and the Intel Turbo Boost Max technology is still a feature of our processor. Windows Operating System has the support natively for ITBM. The CPU feature Intel Turbo Boost Max is enabled in hardware and pCode. There is no way to enable or disable ITBM 3.0 feature of a processor as it is enabled in hardware and pCode. You can run a tool like Intel Extreme Utility to monitor the ITBM frequency of a CPU:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html?wapkw=xtu

You can also get in contact directly with Microsoft Support for further details on this subject:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

rg16
ビギナー
1,693件の閲覧回数

Sure, I get that. 
But the initial issue stands the device manager is saying the driver can't start and I don't have the software installed, never did as you said it has been taken down.

So, Just let it be?
Have that one lonesome driver flagged in the device manager?
Did Microsoft screw up the device manager?

Are we hoping Microsoft picks up on it and magically adds a fix in one of their many many many updates?

I know the machine is running fine, by my OCD can't have that one driver flagged and no one has an explanation.

rg16
ビギナー
1,693件の閲覧回数

I guess I'm not understanding.

I remove the driver.
I don't have the ITBM program.

The issue now becomes an unknown device under the device manager.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 141218.png

That's intel hardware ID correct?

Screenshot 2024-01-09 141253.png

So, how do I get rid of that device not having the proper drivers?

rg16
ビギナー
1,655件の閲覧回数

I went ahead and disabled ITBM 3.0 support under the bios. That took care of the pesky unknown driver and ITBM is still running under Windows services, go figure.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 214853.png

Alberto_R_Intel
従業員
1,623件の閲覧回数

rg16, Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, it is great to hear that after disabling the ITBM 3.0 support under the BIOS the unknown driver was removed. Yes, the ITBM will still run under Windows services since the Windows Operating System has the support natively for the feature. Thank you also for taking the time to share the solution, we are sure it will be very useful and helpful for all the peers looking at this thread.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

返信