Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7476 ディスカッション

New install of AX1675x on Win11 and Linux Ubuntu23; Can't see 6ghz.

jfree9
ビギナー
1,600件の閲覧回数
  • When did the issue start? 
    • New install of wifi card on Lenovo yoga c930 AND 6ghz linksys router BOTH win11 and linux ubuntu23.  Can't be SURE that the router is transmitting but 99% sure it is.
  • Can you recall any hardware or software changes before the issue started?
    • new install of wifi and router
  • What is the model of your router?

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    • this is a new card, replacing the stock yoga c930 card
  • Have you checked if the issue is also present in other 6GHz networks?
    • I don't know anyone with 6ghz wifi

0 件の賞賛
8 返答(返信)
jfree9
ビギナー
1,571件の閲覧回数

Ok, I updated the bios on the router to the one on the website, not with the one click in the webpanel, and I've connected both my cellphone and my laptop to the 6ghz.  My cellphone gets 650down and 550 up but my laptop is only at 110 down using fast.com

Hugo_Intel
従業員
1,562件の閲覧回数

Hello jfree9

Thank you for posing on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing download speed issues when using your laptop with Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E AX1675.

I would recommend that you set your settings following the guidelines in the following article:

Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity

In case the issue persists our recommendation is that you contact your laptop manufacturer for further assistance, taking into consideration this is not the original adapter that came with the laptop there could be a limitation from the hardware side causing the issue as the adapter might not be compatible with the platform.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

jfree9
ビギナー
1,541件の閲覧回数

I've check on those settings, and they are on default.  My phone is getting 650MB down and 15up (on the router) while my laptop is getting 120 down max.  The phone is definitely on 6ghz.

jfree9
ビギナー
1,529件の閲覧回数

I've check on those settings, and they are on default.  My phone is getting 650MB down and 15up (on the router) while my laptop is getting 120 down max.  The phone is definitely on 6ghz.

Also, Ive switched back to my old router (tp-link axe75), and I'm getting nowhere near the speeds I had with my ax210 card in windows or linux.  So I think it's the drivers for the ax1675.

Hugo_Intel
従業員
1,488件の閲覧回数

Hello jfree9

In this case, I would recommend doing a clean installation of the latest available driver version 22.230.0 since the one currently installed on the system based on the log file seems to be an older version.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

jfree9
ビギナー
1,464件の閲覧回数
I've reinstalled with 22.230.0.8 on win11, and I get 115down and 850 up.  Why would the down be so stunted?  i checked network traffic in windows and it's very minimal.  I've rebooted a few times.....Not sure what else to do.

Hugo_Intel
従業員
1,440件の閲覧回数

Hello jfree9

In this case, since the issue persists, our advise s that you directly contact your system manufacturer for further assistance as there might be a compatibility issue between the laptop and the wireless adapter. They will help you determine whether the adapter would work with this laptop.

Please note that there are also some regulatory concerns to take into consideration when doing a wireless adapter upgrade. More information is in the following article:

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
従業員
1,350件の閲覧回数

Hello jfree9

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

返信