Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7451 ディスカッション

What is causing "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" and my Bluetooth to fail?

djkomic
初心者
13,173件の閲覧回数

I've been having this issue for weeks now.
I have a Logitech mouse on an Asus x571GT laptop, and one day the Bluetooth connection to my mouse suddenly disappeared.
I checked and the Bluetooth on my laptop disappeared. I checked DEVICE MANAGER and the Bluetooth was gone (unless I selected to show hidden devices) but under the Universal Serial Bus, one of the drivers is called "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" appeared.

If my Bluetooth is working, that error isn't there. The second my Bluetooth disappears, "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" appears under Universal Serial Buses dropdown menu.

I've searched online and...

1) My Windows 10 is up to date
2) My drivers are up to date

3) I've uninstalled "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" and restarted the computer. Sometimes the Bluetooth returns and everything is fine for a couple of minutes/hours/days before it suddenly disappears again, and "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" driver reappears

4) I've disabled Fast boot up in the Power settings

5) I've selected DISABLE under Turn off USB Power Saving.

6) I've uninstalled all the USB drivers and Bluetooth and restarted the computer. Sometimes it works....

Everything I've tried, is only a temporary fix, and not a permanent one.
Has anyone else come across this problem and actually has a solution that works that doesn't involve a factory reset?

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)
n_scott_pearson
スーパーユーザー
13,169件の閲覧回数

Have you tried a full power cycle? That is, shutdown, disconnect laptop from external power inputs, wait a minute, reconnect and boot back up.

Hope this helps,

...S

djkomic
初心者
13,134件の閲覧回数

Before, I did not.
But I did find one solution where I had to add the 'unknown usb device descriptor request failed" into the registry, unplug the USB device, power off, and while it was powered off, I disconnected the Power adapter from the laptop. Waited a minute or two, and plugged back in the power adapter, powered it back up, and once I relogged into Windows, then plugged the USB back in.

So far, it's working.....
So far....

jamesbag
ビギナー
13,145件の閲覧回数

im having this exact problem. ill report bag if i find a fix, please keep me updated.

jamesbag
ビギナー
13,142件の閲覧回数

uninstalling the intel bluetooth software from "Programs and Features" where you would uninstall software, as opposed to uninstalling device drivers from "device manager" is what solved this problem for me. i uninstalled the software that way and installed the drivers for the bluetooth from my motherboard manufactures website fixed it.

djkomic
初心者
13,134件の閲覧回数

Oh interesting.
I did try that a couple weeks ago. 
Uninstalling from Programs and installing it from the OEM (in my case, Asus) and it worked for a few days before it failed again.

Believe me, I tried EVERRRRRRRRRYTHING. 
The latest solution I just tried was selecting the 'unknown usb device descriptor request failed" and adding it to the registry and restarting the computer.
I just did it 30min ago, and so far it's working.
But with this 'unknown usb device descriptor request failed" sometimes it works for a few minutes, hours, days before it crashes. 

Hopefully this solution works

DeividA_Intel
従業員
13,001件の閲覧回数

Hello djkomic,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your laptop.

If your operating system, BIOS, and drivers are up to date and the issue persists even after performing a full power cycle and uninstalling the intel Bluetooth software from "Programs and Features", the last steps would be to check this issue with Asus since they may need to run some tests on their laptop. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

djkomic
初心者
12,991件の閲覧回数

What is the "full power cycle" exactly?

I've read people doing a Power Flush, but that required unplugging and taking out the battery, and my laptop, I cannot simply take out the battery.

返信