[Solved] Draw themes appear in Calc -- how to remove

Discuss the spreadsheet application
PhineasP

[Solved] Draw themes appear in Calc -- how to remove

Post by PhineasP »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? Win XP pro
What is your question or comment? Since downloading 2.4 I cannot open Calc without the 'Themes' crossbar from Draw appearing, i.e. the large field under the toolbars showing the backgrounds, rulers etc normally available in Draw. These are of no use to me in Calc but I cannot find a menu item to remove them. Glad of any assistance.
Last edited by PhineasP on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Draw themes appear in Calc -- how to remove

Post by kingfisher »

That's weird. What occurs to me is that you need to switch "Design Mode" off. First, use View >Tool-bars >Form Controls. To toggle "design mode" on and off, use the control at the top right of the tool-bar.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
PhineasP

Post by PhineasP »

Sorry Kingfisher, no luck with toggling design mode.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

My only other shot is that you shut the software down completely (including any quick starter) and re-name your settings folder. OO will create a new one on re-starting, hopefully without the cross-bar. Have you checked what else is enabled under View >Tool-bars?

Having a new settings folder means you have to go through the registration ("already registered") process and re-configure everything to your liking so it would be better to find another solution if possible.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Aren't you talking about the Gallery?
Tools>Gallery.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

NB: moved the thread to the Calc forum.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
PhineasP

Re: [Solved] Draw themes appear in Calc -- how to remove

Post by PhineasP »

Thanks Hagar. That fixed it. Don't know how I missed 'gallery' on my first panic through the menus.