ftp issues

quarkrad

Spent days trying to get into hummy from my linux box - been working for years; not sure why it is suddenly playing up. I've almost exhausted everything so beginiing to wonder if in the past I changed the default password. Is there any way to change the ftp password? I have many recordings and channel changes (numbers) so would be reluctant to do a factory reset - if that is the way to get back to humaxftp and 0000. Thanks.

Do you have the CF FTP package installed (betaftpd)? If so, the standard FTP server must be turned off: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = Off. If not, the standard server needs to be turned on (or install the package, which is a better server than the standard one).

The password is only "0000" if you haven't changed the system PIN.

If you want root access using betaftpd, log in with username = "root".

How very odd - it is now all working???? The only thing I did that is different is going into the menu and putting in the code to access Parental Control. 0000 let me in so I did not previously change the pin. I have transferred two files successfully via ftp using two different apps (I usually use filezilla) and 'soft' switched the hummy off. Why it is now playing I do not understand. Thank you for your replies - I will come back again for some of this 'virtual magic' if I have any more issues. (ftp was switch off and I do have betaftpd installed).

How very odd - it is now all working????
Who knows. Unnoticed typing errors entering username or password, error entering IP address, anything. What typically happens with me is lack of persistence if I'm sure I'm doing (whatever) correctly and blaming something else for the problem. Once the something elses has been eliminated from suspicion I'm left with the one remaining possibility... me.

I had an odd experience yesterday where the services menu showed betaftpd running when it wasn't and vice versa.
Very confusing until it eventually sorted itself out.

Today I can't get a connection - nothing changed. Filezilla says:

0:40:34 Error: Could not connect to server
20:40:34 Status: Waiting to retry...
20:40:39 Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.98:21...
20:40:39 Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
20:40:40 Response: 220 Humax FTP Server ready.
20:40:40 Status: Plain FTP is insecure. Please switch to FTP over TLS.
20:40:40 Command: USER humaxftp
20:40:40 Response: 331 Password required for humaxftp.
20:40:40 Command: PASS ****
20:40:40 Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNRESET - Connection reset by peer
20:40:40 Error: Could not connect to server

Attached is the set up for the connection - it worked a number of times yesterday.

Attachments

• ftp.png
    ftp.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 11
Check betaftpd is running using the Services menu on webif or services command via telnet command window

Back