How to check ClamAv's working on Moodle

How to check ClamAv's working on Moodle

- Atia Cortes の投稿
返信数: 5
Hi all,
I've being instaling ClamAv on my computer (Ubuntu 6.10 with Moodle 1.9), but I think it's not working fine on Moodle.

I've configured clamd.conf (question: why there's a /etc/clamd.conf and a /etc/clamav/clamd.conf??which one should I use an how to fix it?)
I've also configured freshclam.conf and created the freshclam.log

On php.ini I enabled open_basedir=/usr/local/bin (that's my clamscan path), but then I couldn't upload files on moodle. I finally let it as open_basedir=/usr/local/bin:/var:/, which I think that is like not putting anything.

So my question are:
how to check that clamav is running with moodle?
where do I find the clamav.log? and where do I define the .log path? (I first creatd it on /var/log/clamav/clamav.log, but it's always empty)
And in general, do you know if I missed anything?

Thanks and hope that you can help me!
And sorry for the long post!!
Atia
Atia Cortes への返信

Re: How to check ClamAv's working on Moodle

- Michael Goncharenko の投稿
Hi Atia,
Try uploading a virus into your course and you'll see what moodle will say to you. Clamd.log may show you nothing because it is clamd's log, but the clamscan command (moodle uses clamscan) doesn't use clamd for scanning.
Michael Goncharenko への返信

- Atia Cortes の投稿
Hi Michael,
I don't really know what you mean with trying uploading a virus... don't you know another way? something more secure maybe... is clamav supossed to have a testing directory when you installed it?
Thanks for helping me! smile
Atia
Atia Cortes への返信

- Michael Goncharenko の投稿
Hi.

I don't really know what you mean with trying uploading a virus...

Don't you receive viruses by email? 笑顔

don't you know another way? something more secure maybe...

These viruses will not affect linux systems, so don't be afraid 笑顔 If you wish, you may download a phishing letter that was banned by my mail filter.
http://gate.udec.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua/~bat/tmp/virus-pmjEVR92T5wK.eml
Do not open it, just try to upload to moodle.

I received the following message:
The file you have uploaded, virus-pmjEVR92T5wK.eml, has been scanned by a virus checker and found to be infected! Your file upload was NOT successful.
Michael Goncharenko への返信

- Sacha Brostoff の投稿

ClamAV comes with some test files, which you could try uploading into Moodle - they're harmless, but look to AV software like viruse. 

According to the ClamAV documentation (http://www.clamav.org/doc/latest/html/node19.html), they're in installed when you install ClamAV.  They should be in the folder:

clamav-x.yz/test

Cheers!

Sacha

Sacha Brostoff への返信

- Atia Cortes の投稿
Hi!
ClamAV is working now!! I found a virus to upload on this link:
http://flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php?page=Test+ClamAV
Then I cheked that Moodle detect the virus and doesn't upload the file and it's recorded on clam's logs (on a directory that I created, suggested by moodle, to save the virus before delete them).
I'm sorry my english is not very good, but I wanted to explain it, then next moodlers won't have the same problem
thanks Michael and Sasha for your help!!!
Atia