RetroArch
"sdl2 disconnected from port 1" using MAME-Current
I just got my Steam Deck and setting up RetroArch on it. Outside of a few hiccups and learning exercises (I already set up RetroArch on my MacBook Pro and RaspPi, so I've already had the basics under my belt), I've got several ROMs and cores working.

However, in the few MAME ROMs I used with MAME-Current (almost all of mine use FinalBurn Neo), after I launch the game, I'll get a message that "Steam Virtual Gamepad disconnected from port 1" (This is common with other core/games), but then I'll also get "sdl2 disconnected from port 1". At that point, almost all the controller buttons no longer respond. (L3 works, as I use it to toggle the Menu, and the Steam button allows me out to quit and relaunch RA).

Of the few ROMs I have that use MAME-Current, only Gauntlet Legends seems to work. Killer Instinct, PaperBoy, Pole Position, Space Invaders, War Gods, and WWF: Wrestlemania all exhibit this issue. I have ROMs that also work as expected used MAME 2003-Plus. Since MAME ROMs are generally tied to a version of MAME that supports them, I can't run these in other MAME cores (they don't load on launch), and they're not supported in FBN.

If I load MAME-Current core without launching a game, I don't see disconnect messages, and the controller continues to work. It appears that this happens only when I launch a game.

This should be using the most recent stable build of Linux-x86_64 cores and info files.

In Settings>Drivers>Input and Settings>Drivers>Controller, both are set to sdl2 (this was on by default).

Has anyone else seen this issue?
< >
1-2 / 2 のコメントを表示
it is something like running in desktop or gaming mode, I don't own one, sorry if not helpful
Fried Brains の投稿を引用:
it is something like running in desktop or gaming mode, I don't own one, sorry if not helpful

I don't believe so, no. This occurs when I start up without going into Desktop, but occurs in both Gaming Mode and Desktop Mode.
< >
1-2 / 2 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2023年8月20日 11時12分
投稿数: 2