Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition

Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition

データを表示:
このトピックはロックされています
Fins 2020年7月3日 9時36分
Petition to officially support Windows 7
Any Windows 7 users, please support this by voicing your approval.

All other users, please note Windows 7 support can not anyhow deteriorate already-supported operational systems (like Windows 10), but with Windows 7 support you'll have more people playing the game - thus more reviews, guides, possibly new friends found. So please also support this, if said things are desirable for you.

Thanks!

Following are select reasons to add official Windows 7 support for this release.

1. Hundreds of millions of computers still run Windows 7, and good deal of those computers are gaming rigs, according to January 2020 publication in PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/hundreds-of-millions-of-pcs-still-run-windows-7-as-support-comes-to-an-end/ . Quote: "ZDNet, for example, estimates there are around 200 million Windows 7 PCs, while Computer World's number crunching led to an estimate of there being 446 million Windows 7 systems by the end of the month (two months after the OS is retired)". Thus, supporting Windows 7 will boost sales great deal. We are talking about MILLIONS additional copies sold, here!

2. Microsoft continues to support certain types of Windows 7 OS until October 24 2024, as published here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/extended-security-updates . "Important" and "Critical" secturity updates will still roll out for this OS. Some of them will also be pushed to other types of Windows 7 installations, as this already happened this year on some occasions.

3. DirectX 12 is officially supported by Windows 7 for _all_ games (which is not the case for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1), as published by Microsoft themselves right here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/porting-directx-12-games-to-windows-7/ . Same page also offers guidance in porting W10 / DX12 games to W7 / DX12 whilst keeping it to one and same binary for both platforms. The publication is made August 2019, and notes, quote, "warm welcome from the gaming community". This demonstrates that Microsoft understands importance of Windows 7 community even during recent, quite aggressive, Windows 10 advertising times. I dare thing Guerilla Games should, too.

Sincerely,

Fins
投稿主: SireDragonChester:
EX Microsoft dev who worked on windows OS tell the TRUTH about windows core system 0:12 into the video. Source : https://youtu.be/u5mFI9spp10

Just because some sites says windows 10 is fine. Does NOT mean it’s true and or they know what they are talking about. Windows 7 RUNS fine on newer CPUs. My Ryzen 2700x is proof of this. World of Warcraft can run dx12 on windows 7. And many games now also using Vulkan.

Journalist Are NOT developers and many have NEVER even built PC and/or done any software/game development

I have helped with Game development from steam indie dev team.
(Ex beta tester/server admin/ex moderator/tech help guy/been gaming since Intel 8088 cpu days/building PC since 90’s)

What competition in OS space for gaming PC is there vs window ?
mac? Lol No. Linux ? It's slowly getting better but Microsoft DOES not see it as threat. What choice do devs have for PC? Windows or no PC game. Just like INTEL was dominant because lack of proper competition = high prices = little innovation = lack progress = huge security flaws

Rest of world runs custom LINUX for cloud & Business and even consoles use custom Linux.(Exclude Microsoft Xbox system)

Ms has slowly been adding Linux to window 10 system
MS cloud and server run Linux. NOT window 10.

Many of you all praise window 10 as only OS but MS does NOT even trust its own OS system.

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/microsoft-using-linux-run-cloud/
Source : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-showcases-the-azure-cloud-switch-acs/

That does not concern you?

Be like walking into Apple store and see then all running window lol.
Sure trust a company who does not even trust their own OS for server/Cloud?

-Ryzen 2700x/16GB/GTX 1080ti/SSD/Win7/Linux
< >
3,631-3,645 / 7,198 のコメントを表示
Blanc の投稿を引用:
WaterCat の投稿を引用:
Wow 4000ish posts just for a thread about petition to support windows 7? The dev can't even fixed the game and you people still blabbering about this? Really? Do you really hoping that this game will actually work if it is eventually support win7?
Devs could fix everything if they make a good Vulkan implementation.
so every game should be made for both apis to cater to 0.1%?
DSO の投稿を引用:
Blanc の投稿を引用:
Nah, every game should made in Vulkan, to also cater to Windows 7, 8.x, and Linux users.
Just one of those three is well over 0.1%
DSO の投稿を引用:
Blanc の投稿を引用:

That's what you're saying. If it happens I wouldn't complain, but I merely support the post of an OP making a petition, an expression of the fact they are under the impression they aren't being heard. They might be and just no one told em they were heard. But the idea I do support. I do not demand it. The demands are from Microsoft not me.
Blanc の投稿を引用:
DSO の投稿を引用:
Nah, every game should made in Vulkan, to also cater to Windows 7, 8.x, and Linux users.
Just one of those three is well over 0.1%
you still need to hold into account that not everyone with these outdated os'es have capable gaming machines.
最近の変更はDagtagが行いました; 2020年9月5日 8時07分
McGillicutti の投稿を引用:
WaterCat の投稿を引用:
Wow 4000ish posts just for a thread about petition to support windows 7? The dev can't even fixed the game and you people still blabbering about this? Really? Do you really hoping that this game will actually work if it is eventually support win7?

If you found it important enough to make the effort to claim others should be silent, and assume their same right of assertion of what they have to say is less than yours, consider instantly you'll find pushback on that assumption and claim which answers and undermines itself all at once by your post's existence.

You just murdered syntax...
Blanc の投稿を引用:
WaterCat の投稿を引用:
Let play a game of Fill in the Blancs:
My indepth knowledge of APIs works because ______!
space 2020年9月5日 10時52分 
Draken/Eitan の投稿を引用:
Blanc の投稿を引用:
the guy wants the entire industry to succumb to his specific need.
McGillicutti の投稿を引用:
WaterCat の投稿を引用:

If you found it important enough to make the effort to claim others should be silent, and assume their same right of assertion of what they have to say is less than yours, consider instantly you'll find pushback on that assumption and claim which answers and undermines itself all at once by your post's existence.

I just want them to start making Model T's again, as i find that they are a beautiful car, and the fact that you have to buy them second hand is absolutely BS.

I agree, my need is very important, and undermining it, via others opinions is annoying. GIVE ME MY MODEL T!
Golden Snowflake ❄ の投稿を引用:
McGillicutti の投稿を引用:

I just want them to start making Model T's again, as i find that they are a beautiful car, and the fact that you have to buy them second hand is absolutely BS.

I agree, my need is very important, and undermining it, via others opinions is annoying. GIVE ME MY MODEL T!
I'm quite fond of our Fieros.
McGillicutti の投稿を引用:

Screw the Model T. BRING BACK THE EDSEL!
Seamus の投稿を引用:

Ford Pinto support pls.
Seamus の投稿を引用:

BRING BACK THE EDSEL! For the love of all things... i want an edsel!

NRFB! NRFB!
最近の変更はMononymouseが行いました; 2020年9月5日 12時03分
DSO の投稿を引用:
Draken/Eitan の投稿を引用:
Am I here asking for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Windows Vista support? No.
Am I here asking for Windows 7 support so I can play the game? I probably won't play it, but I'm not a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ unlike some people here.
Blanc の投稿を引用:
DSO の投稿を引用:
Am I here asking for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Windows Vista support? No.
Am I here asking for Windows 7 support so I can play the game? I probably won't play it, but I'm not a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ unlike some people here.
And yet, here you are. Demanding support for a dead operating system. Still.
Step 1: demand EOL OS support.
Step 2: Make it clear you have no interest in buying or playing the game in question.
Step 3: Be one of the only people actually campaigning for this in the topic.
Step 4: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
< >
3,631-3,645 / 7,198 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2020年7月3日 9時36分
投稿数: 7,198