Age of Empires II (2013)

Age of Empires II (2013)

データを表示:
このトピックはロックされています
How to Play AoE II HD on Mac using Wine (easy/complete guide)
This thread has been closed because I have moved the instructions to a Steam guide here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247537337

Please do not comment on this thread. Leave comments on the Steam guide.
最近の変更はhot_grilが行いました; 2014年4月9日 18時30分
< >
301-315 / 325 のコメントを表示
Do you have the wrapper or play on mac? If its the wrapper access game files by rightclicking the wrapper, show package content, enter drive_C and follow the address i gave over in the directory.

If you use play on mac, find the play on mac folder, and enter steam/drive_c/windows/system 32 folder, place the file you downloaded here.

If my link doesnt work to the mfc110u file, just google it and download te 32 bit version of it.

If all this doesnt make it work, simply delete everything inside your aoe2 hd folder manually, and verify integrity of game cach in steam.

My aoe2 works without any problems.
Well I did everything you said, got the mfc110u file into the proper directory, reinstalled the game, but it still doesnt work.
I downloaded fresh for el capitan - 2009 macbook pro
wineskin winery.dmg
"steamSetup.exe" (from steam website )
then loaded "wineskin winery.dmg"
and added engine "ws9wine1.7.52"
then "created a new wineskin Wrapper"
Called it "WineSteam.app"
then opend it in finder
clicked my WineSteamp.app
chose "install software" and selected "Chose Setup Executable"
selected my SteamSetup.exe i downloaded from steam site ( windows installer)

when it was done installing it downloaded and updated steam

things seemed to work .. steam wise

installed AOE2HD with the new expansion packs

it loaded but was buggy
- the second screen (first on the actual game) that opens has a 'auto continue when ready' option that never does anything.. you still have to smack return
- the first screen has no buttons- that are legible but if you click the topmost one on the left when it opens it starts the game (launcher screen ? )
- playing forgotten realms campaign mode on the first adventure act 3 . i build a chapel and the game crashes.. (about halfway through the scenario )
- steam browser windows crash but continue... suspect it needs a newer flash version compiled to work.. or be set to use safari.. .

-------
so i tried some tweaks

1. i renamed launcher.exe to launcher_BAK.exe
2 i copied AoK HD.exe to 'copy of' for backup purposes
3. i renamed AoK HD.exe to Launcher.exe

this fixed that window without the buttons from showing up ( with seemed pointless advertising)

-----
i have yet to find a completely clear instruction for --nostartup and what it changes.
and where exactly it gets installed

--- i have yet to find the working setup for the speedup of the wine for games..
my suspect is on the advanced menu for wineskin
you get this by going to the WineSteam.app icon . right clicking and showing contents. .then running the wineskin app thats inside and tweaking the advanced settings.. I would think

i have changed the os selection from XP to Vista and to windows 7 or windows 10 . seems to be no difference but is a bit less crash on win7 mode

whats the purpose of mfc110u.dll file ? why does it need it and why wouldn't it be part of winery ?

-----====--
any clarity above is appreciated.
as of now the game appears to run , but has quirky crashes..

I use the play on mac version + added what i wrote above. I use wine engine 1.7.53 steam crossover its called. Also make sure you use windows xp in your wine configuration. The problem you guys are seeing might be because of El Capitain (not sure). im using 10.9.5
crossover is a pay per use wine program. and thought he free for 14 days version works great.. i don't believe in paying 60$ for something i can get for free. - though wineskin has a crossover comparable engine i am not sure the differences.. on elcappitan crossover wine works fine.. but they did something to their package... i'm not sure what..
Done use crossover... just download wineskin and buy the game, it works if you follow the play on mac guide + do what ive said.
I downloaded playonmac and it works on that. Im assuming that this patch doesnt work on Wine whatsoever, as I can see people with the issue are those using that.
Play on mac is wine but it just installs everything more easily. People using the wrapper should try changing wine engine to 1.7.53 steam crossover engine. Also make sure you run wine xp version. You could also, delete all aoe2 hd folder manually, and then in steam verify game integrity of game cache.
i can use the aoe2 wrapper no problem
when i log into steam and run the game there are no rooms in the lobby. a couple pop up but i cant even join because my version doesnt match. this has been going on for a few days. no way people stopped playing
NACON10 の投稿を引用:
when i log into steam and run the game there are no rooms in the lobby. a couple pop up but i cant even join because my version doesnt match. this has been going on for a few days. no way people stopped playing
There are lobbies guaranteed, make sure to have right filter on, set it on worldwide to check. Also put all filters on any (make it as open to find as many people and games as possible). If it still doesnt show games verify game integrity of game cache. Rightclick age of empires 2 icon in steam library-->Properties--->Local files---> Verify Game Integrity Of Game Cache.

If that doesnt fix it (it should), enter the aoe2 HD folder, delete all content inside it (i meen all) and verify game cache again. That should defenetly fix it. (its now version 4.5 make sure it sais 4.5 after your name when creating a lobby)
最近の変更はAlacazainが行いました; 2015年11月21日 13時07分
NACON10 の投稿を引用:
thanks man i was on the wrong version
Np man, make sure to check out some of my mods on workshop.
Does anyone here use PlayOnMac? I downloaded it recently for a substitute to this guide as its more updated, but for some reason games can take up to 2 or 3 minutes to actually launch a party (more players in the lobby = more time until it finally starts the game for me). Everybody else starts normally its just me that has a large delay, and it happens every time. I have a good internet connection and have only experienced this problem with PlayOnMac.
Anybody had the same issue and fixed it?
well i am going to throw out a important if anyone here can help me with it: is it possible that someone can make a easy to use wrapper for aoe3 steam that is like this wrapper? i ask for the sake of a major mod developer in aoe3 who is looking for short cut ways to have a aoe3 windows steam or such for mac in the meantime while a new throne room is made
I managed to fix so steam overlay works! Make sure to disable (if u use play on mac) steam overlay rendererer which u put in manually in the first place in play on mac, enter play on mac app, click steam, configure, wine tab, configure wine, libraries, click steam overlay renderer and remove it, apply. Then use wine engine 1.7.53 steam_crossoverhack. Exit play on mac. Start up the game, in steam click steam in top left corner, settings, in game tab, make sure enable steam overlay in game is ticked, AND CHANGE THE SHORTCUT, i put: ctrl+< to get the steam overlay to work in game as shortcut. Voila it works. Your welcome
< >
301-315 / 325 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2013年7月7日 14時26分
投稿数: 325