Steam for Linux

Steam for Linux

Play with any USB controller on Linux using Steam Big Picture
I've already made a tutorial on how to play with any USB controller on Linux using xboxdrv to emulate a XBOX controller. That tutorial will enable you to play ANY game in Linux using your emulated controller, either if your game is from within Steam Library or if it is not a Steam Game. But if you want to play only Steam games, there is a much simpler way of configuring your controller using Steam Big Picture so it will emulate a XBOX controller. It's very easy and it won't take a minute:

1. Open Steam Client
2. On the top right, click on BIG PICTURE - it opens a fullscreen Steam Client
3. On the top right, click on the Gear icon (SETTINGS)
4. Click on CONTROLLER
5. Click on EDIT CONTROLLER
6. Map your controller buttons according to whatever you want
7. Click SAVE
8. Click DONE
9. Clicke DONE again
10. Click EXIT and RETURN TO DESKTOP

And that was it! Now this controller will work with all your Steam games, just open them from your Steam library as usual.
最近の変更はBoo Setaが行いました; 2014年2月24日 6時16分
< >
31-45 / 46 のコメントを表示
Kove 2015年10月23日 17時06分 
SecretsofManna の投稿を引用:
For some reason, BattleBlock Theater still won't recognize my controller. I've followed the steps above, and I have also tried the emulator. The controller turns on and buttons respond when mapping or calibrating, but when I open the game it's as if I don't have the controller plugged in at all.

Anyone have any idea what the issue may be? It's a generic USB HID controller.

Same exact problem here. I can use the controller in big picture but seems dead in battleblock theatre. Have you solved ? How ?
edo 2015年11月3日 14時39分 
Is there a way to make the xbox 360 controller work on linux? First to all, if I go there it doesn't allow me to modify anything, it just show some steam controller configuration. And time ago I was able to set the correct bindings for a cheap ps3 controller (in that same place, before it was modified to only support the steam controller bindings) so it works on Linux, but I just got a Xbox 360 controller and there is no way to make it work on steam games.
Its annoying, the xbox controller works properly on steam big picture mode and on non-steam games, but on a steam game it just doesn't work at all.
最近の変更はedoが行いました; 2015年11月3日 14時42分
ulagan 2015年12月15日 18時40分 
Worked well for most of the games! Thanks for the post!
Kossak 2015年12月16日 0時30分 
edo の投稿を引用:
Is there a way to make the xbox 360 controller work on linux?

On Ubuntu and derivatives (I have Linux Mint) i installed ubuntu-xboxdrv driver:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rael-gc/ubuntu-xboxdrv sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntu-xboxdrv

And most games work with my xbox 360 wifi controllers. For the few exceptions that don't work with ubuntu-xboxdrv i use xpad:

sudo killall xboxdrv sudo modprobe xpad
最近の変更はKossakが行いました; 2015年12月16日 0時30分
Kossak の投稿を引用:
edo の投稿を引用:
Is there a way to make the xbox 360 controller work on linux?

On Ubuntu and derivatives (I have Linux Mint) i installed ubuntu-xboxdrv driver:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:rael-gc/ubuntu-xboxdrv sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntu-xboxdrv

And most games work with my xbox 360 wifi controllers. For the few exceptions that don't work with ubuntu-xboxdrv i use xpad:

sudo killall xboxdrv sudo modprobe xpad

Great post. I guess people that are having issues with the original xbox controller should ask for help in their distribution's forum, since this seems to be a distribution specific issue concerning drivers. xboxdrv is an xbox emulator and won't fix issues with the original xbox controller.
Прик
Does this work for DirectInput devices? Older Rumblepad's?
Radius 2015年12月16日 11時48分 
Really nice
Boo Seta 2015年12月16日 15時39分 
The Muppet Surgery Special の投稿を引用:
Does this work for DirectInput devices? Older Rumblepad's?

I'm not sure. If you give it a try, post your results, please.
Following this guide, I was able to get my PS3 controller working. However, the rumble still does not work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
ginreoh 2015年12月18日 15時14分 
ok, I've tried following these guides, and nothing seems to work. i have an afterglow wired 360 controller and i'm running ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I've tried portal2 and borderlands 2, with no luck.
portal seems to recognize that a controller is present, but in game there is no response from any input.
borderlands 2 doesn't even recognize a controller at all.
i've tried qjoypad, xboxdrv, and xpad, all with no success. WTF, mates?
ginreoh の投稿を引用:
ok, I've tried following these guides, and nothing seems to work. i have an afterglow wired 360 controller and i'm running ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I've tried portal2 and borderlands 2, with no luck.
portal seems to recognize that a controller is present, but in game there is no response from any input.
borderlands 2 doesn't even recognize a controller at all.
i've tried qjoypad, xboxdrv, and xpad, all with no success. WTF, mates?

Try to follow this tutorial instead: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/558748653738497361/

You must remove everything you've already done, like xpad and qjoypad, or else you'll mess up your kernel modules. If evtest won't show you an event, you might have a driver issue, then I suggest you ask for help on Ubuntu forums. People on Ubuntu forums are mean, specially the moderators, and they won't probably help you, only insult you. But try your luck!
Thank you Sunr'ever!!

My GameSir G3S controller worked with all Xinput games in Linux Mint 17.1 except Skullgirls, Vanguard Princess and Hidden in Plain Sight.

Now just by going to Settings --> Controller --> Configurations and marking the "Generic gamepad configuration support" checkbox it works flawlessly!

It's important to note I had a Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless receiver plugged in, even though I wasn't using my X360 pad anymore. Get this: Steam showed FOUR X360 and 1 generic game controller, even though only my GameSir was connected. So probably unplugging the wireless receiver to make the 4 ghost controllers disappear was important: Xinput can only handle 4 controllers, so maybe my Xinput GameSir didn't exist for Skullgirls or Vanguard Princess.

Either way controller configuration in Big Picture is the way to go!
Plus with the January 18 (2017) update you have more options for remapping controllers apart from Steam's or the Dualshock 4.
I'm glad it helped you, guys! (:
Actually for me it does works great on SOME games like FEZ ,Speedrunners but not at all on other games like Super Meat Boy and Risk of Rain
< >
31-45 / 46 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2014年2月24日 5時57分
投稿数: 46