Skullgirls 2nd Encore

データを表示:
Linux support??
When we can play it on linux?
< >
481-495 / 775 のコメントを表示
cybik の投稿を引用:
Info-High の投稿を引用:
Pretty sure it's gone to the big vaporware repository in the sky. When it comes to Linux, if it's too hard to port, forget about it. Not enough sales there to warrant it.

You believe what you want to believe. Please.

I've solved the audio playback for stage and menu music btw. Next up is Helium 101.

Hey, I'll buy it the moment a proper linux port comes out. I'm just not going to get squealy about waiting for it.
Yeah, well, presuming it to be vaporware isn't exactly encouraging for either the developer, or anyone else who's gone Linux only. There are games that I really miss and want to play that have virtually zero chance of getting ported to Linux in the zero future, either because of Japanese devs who seem to approach the Windows PC as just another console or something (making alternative OSes a genuinely foreign concept) or games where the "please port this to Linux" thread is genuinely dead, reflecting a true lack of desire on behalf of the community or even some devs of having this ported to Linux.

The post-release port of Skullgirls to Linux is going a lot better than these games. So don't you DARE call this vaporware. This port is actually being worked on. There's hope. And I'm going to be playing this as soon as the port comes out.
2KI 2015年5月12日 4時18分 
Don't feed troll kids, he clearly didn't care about both skullgirls and linux whatsoever.
最近の変更は2KIが行いました; 2015年5月12日 4時18分
2KI の投稿を引用:
Don't feed troll kids, he clearly didn't care about both skullgirls and linux whatsoever.
This. I'm mostly subscribed to this discussion for new updates, not for speculation or (perhaps well-intentioned) trolls.

I'm super excited to see a proper fighting game in the Linux library, as there just isn't any traditional-style 2d fighting games on steam for Linux. Once Skullgirls is available for Linux, it will be an insta-buy for me.
KaNdarihu の投稿を引用:
The post-release port of Skullgirls to Linux is going a lot better than these games. So don't you DARE call this vaporware. This port is actually being worked on. There's hope. And I'm going to be playing this as soon as the port comes out.
We've been hearing this repeated for over two years now. And we know that Lab Zero considers it such a low priority that they won't actually put any of their own resources towards it, still relying on unpaid volunteers even though that already fell through twice. You know, they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

So yeah, pardon us for being a little cranky about this whole situation. You can't deny that this is pretty damn frustrating. After two years of being strung along I'd say I'm allowed to be pissed off at this point.

At least we have Lethal League in open beta now. That's, like, almost a fighting game I guess.
KaNdarihu の投稿を引用:
Yeah, well, presuming it to be vaporware isn't exactly encouraging for either the developer, or anyone else who's gone Linux only.

I don't think developers care about encouragement as much as they care about overall product success. If a Linux port of this game, or any other game happens, it will speak for itself. No cheer squad needed imo.

There are games that I really miss and want to play that have virtually zero chance of getting ported to Linux in the zero future, either because of Japanese devs who seem to approach the Windows PC as just another console or something (making alternative OSes a genuinely foreign concept) or games where the "please port this to Linux" thread is genuinely dead, reflecting a true lack of desire on behalf of the community or even some devs of having this ported to Linux.

That's just the reality of the OS market share. Fuzzy feelings won't change that and never have. We have to support game devs that take a chance and invest in Linux, despite the reality. But I'm still waiting for some ports promised years ago - or at least I would be if I was that naive.

I didn't call it vaporware. I asked the question. If the port gets done, it will be due to reasons not related to "encouragement". As far as "hope" - hope and $5 will get you a large coffee.

If you don't believe that, go hope and encourage Capcom hard as hell to start releasing their fighting games for Linux and see what happens.

And in case thin skinned people's heads are going to explode while calling me a troll, I've made it very clear that I'll buy this game the moment a proper port comes out. That counts worlds more than "encouragement" and positivity.
Wydamn の投稿を引用:
2KI の投稿を引用:
This. I'm mostly subscribed to this discussion for new updates, not for speculation or (perhaps well-intentioned) trolls.

You think you are actually contributing something by being insanely "hopeful"? I think this mentality is absurdly naive and self-important. jmo

I'm super excited to see a proper fighting game in the Linux library, as there just isn't any traditional-style 2d fighting games on steam for Linux. Once Skullgirls is available for Linux, it will be an insta-buy for me.

While you wait, you could always just emulate old fighting games. The classics are usually more polished and sophisticated gameplay than most of today's stuff. And it's not like Capcom or other companies are going to port them to Linux.
Mana 2015年5月12日 16時29分 
Info-High の投稿を引用:
Wydamn の投稿を引用:

You think you are actually contributing something by being insanely "hopeful"? I think this mentality is absurdly naive and self-important. jmo

While you wait, you could always just emulate old fighting games. The classics are usually more polished and sophisticated gameplay than most of today's stuff. And it's not like Capcom or other companies are going to port them to Linux.

Stop spamming please
Nano の投稿を引用:
Info-High の投稿を引用:

Stop spamming please

Stop being ironic, please.
Info-High の投稿を引用:
I've spent an unbelievable amount of time in MAME, but beating up the AI gets kinda boring after a while. I need something I can play online.
Mega Missingno. の投稿を引用:
Info-High の投稿を引用:
I've spent an unbelievable amount of time in MAME, but beating up the AI gets kinda boring after a while. I need something I can play online.

It's a shame kaillera wasn't usable. Even on windows I remember the input was delayed as hell. But tbh, I don't care much about online play in fighting games. There was a lot of cheating and bot use in Street Fighter 4. I'll mostly just stick to playing old friends in person, but I doubt they would be into Skullgirls due to the theme.
Uuuuuugh stop bickering. I'm subscribed to the thread so I can get updates about the port, not so I can hear your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Hey all! I finally have the OK to say this definitively:

The Mac/Linux version is no longer a volunteer effort, and its development is taking place in an official capacity. It's no longer an 'if'. It is now a 'when'.

I can't say anything about who's doing it, or give you any details about timeframe, but there you have it!

I can assure you that the efforts of the volunteers have not been lost! Those who were working on it have passed on their knowledge to the current people working on it and everything's moving along.
Mana 2015年5月13日 16時47分 
Yesssss! I love you
cybik 2015年5月13日 16時56分 
Was involved in knowledge transfer, am under NDA and so basically know the new party doing this but also can't reveal details, can confirm they know more their ♥♥♥♥ than I.

Get hype, ladies and gents. But especially the ladies. Because they're front and centre in this game.

[YES I USED THE BRITISH SPELLING OF CENTRE IT IS THE REAL AND ONLY TRUE SPELLING]
最近の変更はcybikが行いました; 2015年5月13日 17時07分
< >
481-495 / 775 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2013年8月23日 14時29分
投稿数: 774