Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

データを表示:
CPU affinity in launch option
I would like to be able to set CPU affinity for this game in the launch option because the game does not start if we create a shortcut starting Cities.exe with CPU affinity defined. I am playing on a laptop and I have to restrict the game to CPU 0 and 2 to avoid the game from taking 100% of all cores (and overheat the laptop). I have a powerful laptop (Alienware 17 R2), and using 100% of the CPUs generates a lot of heat. Which is weird because even if I have nothing on screen (a new blank city for example), the games still use 100% of all cores. (measure by Windows Performance Monito).

At the moment, I have to launch the game, set to window mode, start TaskManager, set cpu affinity, set to full screen and then I can play. Other steam games allow the use of a shortcut to set the cpu affinity. But not Cities. I guess it's probably because of the #/$%$ Unity 3D. I really wish dev would stop using this crap and use Unreal or other more optimized engine.
< >
1-1 / 1 のコメントを表示
Since no dev seems to be concerned about Unity taking too much CPU, I wrote a small program in C# which check for games for which I want to set a specific CPU affinity. When the game is launched, the application detects it and sets the CPU affinity accordingly. It's not what I call a clean solution, but at least I can run the application without my laptop fan going full speed. And the funny thing is that the game performance does not suffer from it. Another proof that Unity is badly optimized. All the games I tested it with works fine now: Cities Skylines, Car mechanic simulator, dragonfall, Space Hulk, Hand of fate, Kerbal space program, Minimetro, Pillars of Eternity, SuperHot, ShadowRun Hongkong, The long dark, (all of these are Unity 3D games).
最近の変更はe_boulangerが行いました; 2016年3月5日 17時43分
< >
1-1 / 1 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2015年9月24日 18時13分
投稿数: 1