The Talos Principle

データを表示:
FPS of a lot or a little? (Linux)
Firstly many thanks for Linux version.
My configuration:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: GeForce GTX650Ti 2Gb
RAM: 8Gb
It is higher than the recommended settings.
The game automatically goes to fullhd and all settings high.
But I have a 18-35 fps, depending on the situation, usually (if not look into the wall) is closer to 23.
Why so? This is due to Linux? In windows not possible to verify.
< >
1-14 / 14 のコメントを表示
keks 2014年12月12日 1時22分 
We'll know more if you paste your Talos.log file.
But the usual suspect for bad performance on linux is the cpu scaling governor - it's usually set to a powersaving or ondemand mode - the game should work much better if it's set to performance mode.
keks 2014年12月12日 1時50分 
Your GPU wasn't correctly detected by the game. This is a known issue and it will be fixed in the first update. Decreasing settings in the performance options menu might help in the meantime.
OK, I'll wait for the update, thanks for the reply.
Sytch 2014年12月12日 14時46分 
You can also try turning off the multithreaded render and enabling threaded optimizations in the NVIDIA driver. I've found it gives constant 60 FPS instead of regular 30 FPS drop. This may be because I have threaded optimizations enabled everywhere and this doesn't play well if the game itself uses threads for rendering. You may either set the launch command to
env __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 %command%
or just do in the terminal
export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1
and then run Steam from the same terminal window. Don't forget to disable multithreading in the game or else you'll get quite a slowdown. It's resided under Options — Performance — CPU Speed — Multi-threaded rendering.

I've found this setup working slightly better than the game internal multithreaded renderer.
VENDETTA 2014年12月14日 10時00分 
Has the update already been released? I just bought the game because of the good ratings but I get very low frames, too. Hardly hitting 30 fps on my GTX760 @ 1080p. Same problems with SS3.

env __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 %command%
doesn''t help.

How do I change my cpu scaling governor on Kubuntu 14.04 64bit?
最近の変更はVENDETTAが行いました; 2014年12月14日 10時01分
Sytch 2014年12月14日 10時07分 
VENDETTA, have you turned off the multithreaded rendering in the game itself after running it with this command? You can change the scaling governor with
for i in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do echo "performance" > $i; done
as root. If that helps, you can install cpufrequtils and set the governor at startup with
echo GOVERNOR=performance > /etc/default/cpufrequtils
VENDETTA 2014年12月14日 10時22分 
Thanks rkfg, I tried the first command, it gives me a syntax error (german):
bash: Syntaxfehler beim unerwarteten Wort »do«
Also I don't find any "multithread" realated option ingame.
Sytch 2014年12月14日 10時24分 
I've said where you can find it:
It's resided under Options — Performance — CPU Speed — Multi-threaded rendering.

As for the command, I don't get why it gives a syntax error. I've tried it on my Debian and it works fine. Check if you copypasted it right.
VENDETTA 2014年12月14日 10時35分 
Oops, sorry, I found the option and turned multithreaded rendering off, it's still the same. I get about 25-30 fps.
Copypasta was OK :) Thanks again.
If you want to try it before the fix is made by the designers, and do not mind messing with shell commands and the steam runtime, you can remove the symlink:

libpci.so.3

from

~/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

and add symlink:

libpci.so.3 -> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpci.so.3.2.1

This does not seem to cause any problems for Steam in Ubuntu, but will allow Talos to detect your graphics card correctly. For me, this doubled the fps (to 50+ on GTX660).

Once the fix arrives, restore the original symlink which points to libpci.so.3.1.8 in the same steam runtime folder.

(See the public test folder for the thread where the bug was found out and for the attribution to the gamer who found the workaround).
最近の変更はpetri.piiraが行いました; 2014年12月14日 10時57分
VENDETTA 2014年12月14日 11時42分 
Nope, replacing the symlink doesn't have any effect for me, 20-30 fps. Only if I set all performance settings to medium, I get around 60 fps. A little disappointment since I get stable 60+ fps in Metro 2033 Redux on "very high" with my hardware. So I'm really hoping for a fix here.
Sytch 2014年12月14日 11時48分 
Some engines include a profiler built-in like in Natural Selection 2. Helped a lot while catching some nasty stuttering and slowdowns. It shows how much time was spent in each significant engine function as it's not always the GPU hardware that's too slow. There may be excessive calls to some unrelated functions (like opening files in the render thread) or it may be something else. And yeah, I also don't have smooth-as-silk framerate, large open scenes sometimes make it drop to 30 but most of the time it's 60. I'm on Ultra-Ultra-High-High and @ 770 GTX, Core i7 2600, 32 Gb RAM. Not a top configuration these days but powerful enough. And that symlink didn't change anything for me.
Are you running Ubuntu 14.xx ? The bug with not detecting the card comes because lspci there is not compatible with Steam runtime. And do you have libpci.so.3.2.1 to link against..? If you have, say, libpci.so.3.2.2 you would need to symlink to that one.

Did you autodetect/set back to default/fullscreen with the new symlink in place?

I did those, as first it did not seem to have any other effect than removing the warning. (i.e. maybe it had stored misdetected settings and did not update them).

I have on an i5-4570@2900, 660 GTX and 8GB memory - on "high" settings in game - I get usually 50, sometimes like in desert with less buildings 90 fps, sometimes under 50. The "50" figure comes from the speedtest demo. 1920/1080 resolution

Before the symlink fix I got 29 fps at 1280/768 (or some such) with "medium" in the demo..

< >
1-14 / 14 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2014年12月12日 1時14分
投稿数: 14