X3: Terran Conflict

X3: Terran Conflict

データを表示:
X Plugin Manager
Hello hello noble drivers and pirates of all kinds, I have a small problem and requires the assistance of the elite of this galaxy.

As you read the title , this includes X plugin manager that I simply can not use. And for the most stupid reason : the Manager does not detect my game and, even as I point him to the folder containing it, my only answer is " X3TC.EXE file missing" ... that is wrong by the way.
I first thought it was the game itself I has cowardly and illegally hack, so I finally bought it via Steam. But, oh surprise, even before I started automatic detection of files (after installing the game, let's stay smart), X plugin emphasizes nicely that it is "unable to find any steam installation on the computer" , and it uses the same answer as before when I took him by the hand to show it where the files are.
Note that I am running on Windows 7 and that never before I had a problemwith game modding. Similarly, I am not ashamed of having dl the game on T411 before being forced to buy it 15 euros. For a 7 years old game, it is almost as harsh as the 20 euros of Dark Force.

Anyway I would thank warmly the good friends of the X Universe who have the kindness to explain to me the problem with this software, because I'm slightly tired.

Thank you in advance.
< >
1-10 / 10 のコメントを表示
If a game is quality well pricing is not issue really no matter the age. I got a total of five X games for less than 15 euros total price for all those games 11.51 euros. You need to shop around a bit or wait for sales maybe?

I did not realise the digital version came with the X-plugin MGR. I downloaded the X-plugin mgr off a the creators site and my X3TC has a nice cockpit view now.
Hi Noobified.

I think you got a point, but here the thing : you say that with the idea that the price of a game match its quality. And we both know it is not true at all. If it were true, we would'nt have to pay 70 euros for a COD, and many indie game would be overpriced ...
From this point, I don't know why I would pay 20 euros for a 20 years old game that is not the good game it was anymore. In 1995, I agree that Dark Forces (I stay with my exemple, even if its price changed from 20 to 5 euros some time ago) was a great game, but not today. If I pla it, it is mostly because I am blinded by nostalgia.

Thank yous for telling me what I miss buddy ^^ More seriously, it appears that it is a matter of versions of the software : I will do some tests with others versions and see what happen.

Nice talk.
I think you misunderstood what I meant or maybe I was not clear enough so I do apologize. Anyway never mind it was not important just me sharing a opinion.

Yeah 20 euros for a dos box port of Star Wars Doom-esque clone shooter does seem a bit steep. I picked up Dark Forces in the 11 game Star Wars collection for under 24 euros this year.

Though 15 euros for X3TC with all that content, eye candy, depth and replay value how can you even complain lol. I picked this up a few months ago for the first time. Got to say for a seven year old title it still looks amazing (or am I easily pleased).
Click 2015年10月3日 21時10分 
You don't point it to the folder, you point it directly at the exe.
Well Megamaxmax, thanks for the advice, but I already know that. The thing is, you have to indicate the file which contains the exe, it is the same. I do not know it there is more to do here. I mean, I pointed the file with the exe, and the software tells me there are no exe ... what could I do more ?
Morkonan 2015年10月14日 21時59分 
The X series is literally the king of fight/trade/fly/build space sims. As it stands, right now, nothing in PC-Gaming gives you what games like X3TC+AP can give you.

You may need to go to the X3TC forums and ask about the plugin manager, there. Be sure to register your key, so you can post in the technical/help sections.

You can try uninstalling the plugin manager, then making sure that it didn't leave anything behind in your registry, like a switch telling it that it was dealing with an illegal download or something... remove that, reinstall the plugin manager and see what happens.
What version of the plugin manager are you using ?
Morkonan 2015年10月27日 20時45分 
XUCycrow の投稿を引用:

Version 1.531. I just installed it in the past couple of days. It comes with both Lite and Advanced versions as well as a repacker and an explorer/viewer for mod developers. IIRC, there are also a few troubleshooting options bunded into it, as well.
It was more of a question to the OP (Jean Valjean) As older versions wont detect the newer games properly. Especially if its the older X3Reunion version (which actually has a higher version number)
最近の変更は[XU]Cycrowが行いました; 2015年11月3日 3時08分
Morkonan の投稿を引用:
XUCycrow の投稿を引用:

Version 1.531. I just installed it in the past couple of days. It comes with both Lite and Advanced versions as well as a repacker and an explorer/viewer for mod developers. IIRC, there are also a few troubleshooting options bunded into it, as well.

Is that the version that comes with the Superbox edition?

My reccomendation would be to uninstall the plugin manager, go to the Egosoft forums and download the most current version. Install and see if that solves the issue. Also make sure there is an entry for your X-games in your registry. Specifically file location.
< >
1-10 / 10 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2015年10月1日 14時32分
投稿数: 10