Steam Controller

Steam Controller

このトピックはピン留めされているので、おそらく重要です
Steam Controller known issues and platform-specific notes
View Steam Controller Support and Troubleshooting here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2754-YPKV-8614

Linux-specific notes and known issues

Rules updated; update necessary for compatibility with Steam builds newer than 11/22!

The controller is fully supported on Linux without needing a kernel driver, but Steam needs proper read-write access to the HID device nodes it exposes in order to program it. We are working with distributions to make sure the necessary access is provided out of the box, but this might not currently be the case depending on your distribution of choice. Here are the rules needed for proper use of the controller:

# This rule is needed for basic functionality of the controller in Steam and keyboard/mouse emulation SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="28de", MODE="0666" # This rule is necessary for gamepad emulation; make sure you replace 'pgriffais' with a group that the user that runs Steam belongs to KERNEL=="uinput", MODE="0660", GROUP="pgriffais", OPTIONS+="static_node=uinput" # Valve HID devices over USB hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="28de", MODE="0666" # Valve HID devices over bluetooth hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", KERNELS=="*28DE:*", MODE="0666" # DualShock 4 over USB hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="054c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="05c4", MODE="0666" # DualShock 4 wireless adapter over USB hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="054c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0ba0", MODE="0666" # DualShock 4 Slim over USB hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="054c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="09cc", MODE="0666" # DualShock 4 over bluetooth hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", KERNELS=="*054C:05C4*", MODE="0666" # DualShock 4 Slim over bluetooth hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", KERNELS=="*054C:09CC*", MODE="0666" # Nintendo Switch Pro Controller over USB hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="057e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2009", MODE="0666" # Nintendo Switch Pro Controller over bluetooth hidraw KERNEL=="hidraw*", KERNELS=="*057E:2009*", MODE="0666"

Please note: Make sure you don’t have older rules that are taking priority. If there are both /lib/udev/rules.d/60-steam-controller-perms.rules AND /etc/udev/rules.d/60-steam-controller-perms.rules, one of the two will take priority and the edits will be ignored. Check that you only have one before putting the content of the rules file in and fixing the group name.

Bootloader firmware updates

Regular firmware updates will go through regular USB hid reports and can be performed wired or wirelessly. We'll also sometimes be releasing infrequent bootloader updates; these updates are different and can only work when wired. When Steam asks you to plug in the controller to start the update, the controller will change from a HID device to a mass storage device with an identifier of 'CRP DISABLED'. Steam will then wait for that device to become mounted somewhere so that it can copy the firmware file into the controller. A lot of distributions don't auto-mount mass storage devices by default, meaning you'll most likely have to go click on the volume in your file manager of choice when Steam is waiting for the volume to get mounted, or mount it manually where Steam can write to it.

Endless firmware update loop
If you're experiencing an issue with the firmware update window endlessly coming back up during a firmware update, this is most likely due to poor signal integrity causing the firmware update process to fail and retry. Try the following:
  • Move the controller closer to its wireless receiver
  • Connect the controller directly to the computer using the included USB cable

Mac-specific notes and known issues
  • You'll need to restart the Steam client after being prompted to install the driver
  • Note that some Mac games don't actually support any kind of controllers; you will have to use mouse/keyboard emulation in this case
  • If a given game is not compatible with the Steam Overlay, input emulation will not currently work
最近の変更はaustinp_valveが行いました; 2018年9月22日 12時57分
< >
391-405 / 511 のコメントを表示
Not exactly a technical issue, but just noticed a typo in the "Soft Pull Trigger Style" sub-menu. Says "Agressive" instead of "aggressive" for the hip fire option.
Memph 2016年12月4日 5時57分 
Valdemar の投稿を引用:
Not exactly a technical issue, but just noticed a typo in the "Soft Pull Trigger Style" sub-menu. Says "Agressive" instead of "aggressive" for the hip fire option.

Just gonna note that the default trigger settings are also utterly useless, for both DS4 and the SC. Full-Pull and Hair-Trigger by default? It should be Soft-Pull and Simple-Threshold ('cos it's ruddy analogue).

Makes one wonder just who the heck is even testing this thing, when a most basic aspect of the default setup can be wrong. Not to mention 2 straight months of a borked Gyro joystick-move function.
最近の変更はMemphが行いました; 2016年12月4日 6時26分
Memph の投稿を引用:
Valdemar の投稿を引用:

Just gonna note that the default trigger settings are also utterly useless, for both DS4 and the SC. Full-Pull and Hair-Trigger by default? It should be Soft-Pull and Simple-Threshold ('cos it's ruddy analogue).

Makes one wonder just who the heck is even testing this thing, when a most basic aspect of the default setup can be wrong. Not to mention 2 straight months of a borked Gyro joystick-move function.
Full pull and hair trigger are how actual triggers work. (Depending on whether or not the hammer is back)
2016年12月4日 8時09分 
You can always make your own template and start every new config from it, what's the problem? It's all personal preference and mind about. It's useless to you while a workhorse for another.

I'd like to have hair pull trigger by default. :D
Akim の投稿を引用:
You can always make your own template and start every new config from it, what's the problem? It's all personal preference and mind about. It's useless to you while a workhorse for another.

Me, too. That's why I have a single action pistol ;p
Memph 2016年12月5日 18時03分 
Akim の投稿を引用:

Hair trigger is for using the secondary inputs on full-pull though.

Surely the default setup should be a workable analogue pad. If the game uses the triggers for digital inputs, such as to aim down sights, then they fire on a minimal trigger-pull anyway.

As it is now, a new user would start up a racing game and be stumped with digital throttle and brake controls.
Memph の投稿を引用:
Akim の投稿を引用:

Surely the default setup should be a workable analogue pad. If the game uses the triggers for digital inputs, such as to aim down sights, then they fire on a minimal trigger-pull anyway.

As it is now, a new user would start up a racing game and be stumped with digital throttle and brake controls.
Only if the game didn't have a good default profile. Sadly, That's a large number of games
2016年12月5日 21時01分 
Memph の投稿を引用:
Akim の投稿を引用:

That was a joke attempt. Read careful: Hair Pull Trigger. Get it? ;) There is no such mode, it's Hair Trigger. Hair pull was for lulz with smile indication.

Memph の投稿を引用:
Gamepad template do it's job.

I'm seriously worried about human future at this point. You want computers be smarter while users stay stupid. That reminds me the short novel Profession by A.Azimov.
New user must be stumped, that's how one learns.
最近の変更はが行いました; 2016年12月5日 21時03分
Akim の投稿を引用:
Memph の投稿を引用:

That was a joke attempt. Read careful: Hair Pull Trigger. Get it? ;) There is no such mode, it's Hair Trigger. Hair pull was for lulz with smile indication.

Memph の投稿を引用:
Gamepad template do it's job.

I'm seriously worried about human future at this point. You want computers be smarter while users stay stupid. That reminds me the short novel Profession by A.Azimov.
New user must be stumped, that's how one learns.
...Wow.
OT rant:
You're honestly advocating for bat defaults because somehow opening a menu and clicking will make you smarter?

I do think computer systems of the day discourage understanding computers, but you should still have good defaults and good tools.
The problem isn't being not broken and difficult, it's obfuscation.
I do much of my computing from a shell prompt, and a customised shell prompt with custom completion. I did most of that through an interactive menu that came up when I first started it, and the defaults are good. I can change everything in the config file, as well. That's far more flexible. It's not hidden away.

Linux doesn't make smarter users by being hard to use, it does it by letting you do what you like.
最近の変更はTheGZeusが行いました; 2016年12月6日 1時12分
drivec 2016年12月6日 12時20分 
Still no fix for the modifier keys on Mac yet. Nearly 1 year since the problem appeared.
Cy 2016年12月7日 16時05分 
There's this in Manjaro steam package:
➜ ~ cat /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/80-steam-controller-permission.rules #USB devices SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="28de", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess" KERNEL=="uinput", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", OPTIONS+="static_node=uinput", TAG+="uaccess" ➜ ~
Should this currently be enough or do I still have to copy paste the rules from the first post in? And if so, are those up to date?

I'm asking because I found these comments[bugs.archlinux.org] while trying to fix it:
Comment by Jack (JaqFrost) - Monday, 18 January 2016, 16:59 GMT
[...] From what I can tell the rule provided in the [steam] 1.0.0.51-1 package does work but is too late in the priority. [...] After renaming that rule file from 80-steam-controller-permission.rules to 70-steam-controller-permission.rules it seems to work fully for me. Even after turning off the controller and turning it back on [...]

Comment by James Duley (parched) - Monday, 18 January 2016, 22:13 GMT
Good spotting Jack. [...] also the MODE=0660 is redundant as that's the default [...]

Comment by TesX (tesfabpel) - Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 07:57 GMT
[...] seems that 73-seat-late.rules is culprit... [...] This file is owned by systemd and in the C source file[github.com] it explicitly checks if logind is running (line 43), otherwise it returns...

Comment by Jan (medhefgo) - Friday, 08 July 2016, 12:58 GMT
[...] The correct solution would indeed be moving the steam controller udev rule priority to 70 and not, as the other bugs suggest, to change the mode or use a special steam controllers group for this. This ensures that the uaccess tag mechanic is in use (acl based access rights to the user whose session is active according to logind).

Comment by Sebastiaan (lonaowna) - Friday, 09 September 2016, 12:57 GMT
Just a note: both Ubuntu[packages.ubuntu.com] and Debian[packages.debian.org] now use 0666 permissions.

Comment by Jonas Platte (jP_wanN) - Saturday, 22 October 2016, 22:06 GMT
So a few weeks ago a Steam update broke the priority change workaround, it seems. I'm using the 0666 workaround now, although I'm not particularily happy with it...

Comment by Max (silverhammermba) - Thursday, 01 December 2016, 04:31 GMT
My steam controller also stopped working with a recent update. Had to do the 0666 trick to fix it. I tried changing the priority to 70 with no effect.

I really don't want to modify this file each time Steam gets updated... :steamsalty:
最近の変更はCyが行いました; 2016年12月7日 17時02分
Cy の投稿を引用:
I really don't want to modify this file each time Steam gets updated... :steamsalty:
you can help us to adress this directly in the steam-manjaro pkg (:
-> https://forum.manjaro.org/t/steam-controller-users-wanted/13889 cause I also want to "fix" some more issues with controllers on steam. (but sadly don't own a steam-controller and I can't afford one xD)
最近の変更はfabiscafe@mstdn.socialが行いました; 2016年12月9日 10時17分
Could someone help me with this? I'm not a Linux Guru here. I would say I'm more of a Desktop User than anything else. But um how do I use these rules, exactly? Are these Terminal Commands? Or is this part of a configuration file I need make? I'm currently using Ubuntu 16.04. I'm not sure what I am suppose to do with this information.
Cy 2016年12月11日 17時25分 
Config file
Open the terminal and look for the Steam rules file in both directories:
$ find /lib/udev/rules.d/ /etc/udev/rules.d/ -type f -name '*steam*' /lib/udev/rules.d/70-steam-controller-permission.rule
In the above example the file already exists. If it doesn't, don't worry, just keep going and the file will get created. We have replace the file content:
$ sudo gedit /lib/udev/rules.d/70-steam-controller-permission.rule
Put in your password (creating this file needs permissions), paste the rules from the first post in this thread, replace the group with yours (read below), save file, close the file editor and go back to your terminal.

Groups
As mentioned in the first post, you need to replace the pgriffais group with one of yours. To see what groups your user account belongs to, invoke this command in terminal:
groups
And just pick one. The best choice usually is wheel (if you want all users to be able to use the controller) or whatever your username is (Ubuntu creates a group for each user with the same name as their login, so it should be listed by the groups command).

Reloading rules
After updating the file content, regardless of whether it was already there or you've just created it, you need to reload the rules and trigger unplugging & plugging-in event. To do so, you can simply reboot your machine or, if you don't want to reboot, invoke these two commands in terminal:
$ udevadm control --reload-rules $ udevadm trigger

That's it. Your Steam Controller will work as it should.
最近の変更はCyが行いました; 2016年12月13日 16時54分
matt_kbf 2016年12月12日 15時52分 
I'm on opensuse leap (42.1) and kernel updates have just installed, steam controller is no longer working. latest stable kernel version is 4.1.36-41. I've checked udev rules are still there, and tried recreating but no luck. I've also queries lsusb and the steam controller dongle is no longer properly identified, it shows

matt@linux:~> lsusb Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0bc2:231a Seagate RSS LLC Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 28de:1142 Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0b05:1825 ASUSTek Computer, Inc. Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

any advice?
< >
391-405 / 511 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50