RPGツクールMV

RPGツクールMV

Windows Vista?
What are the chances RPG Maker MV will work on Windows Vista? I know it's not listed as supported in the OS system requirements -- but is there actually a reason it wouldn't work, or are they just not bothering to mention Vista because they think no one is still using it?
< >
1-15 / 15 のコメントを表示
I still use Vista. I hope it will be supported.
Windows Vista should be supported nothing in Windows itself would of broken from vista to 10 at this point.

But you should consider upgrade if not for security reasons even performance. Windows 10 was incredibly a well done OS for the first time in a very long time and for some really stupid reason your using Windows Me of the modern OS... That being Windows Vista.
Considering that one of the later Vista Service Packs replaced a lot of the original code with code from Win7, chances are good that it will work.

However, can't be guaranteed as they might need a specific function that had been introduced with Win7 or due to other limitations.
is there a particular reason you're still using vista?
diedrupo の投稿を引用:
is there a particular reason you're still using vista?

Never found a reason to upgrade.
Bought this machine for $300 maybe 6-7 years ago with vista pre-loaded.

I have access to Win 8 and 10 machines but my own machine still works, so why not?
To tell the truth, Vista was the best Windows I had so far in terms of beautiful looks. It's the best for who wants the best visual Windows (haters gonna hate). In Vista, you could even set a video as your wallpaper, a 5 second looping video in 1080p was awesome, but you had to have a good PC.

Unfortunately, Vista was hated a lot because of its performance was not on par with the time it was released, and the average computers couldn't run Vista well, or multi-task with anything else.

I'm sure the new Windows 10 is the best, it boots in few seconds, has top performance and good tools. Since I started to use w10, encountered very few problems. However, it will never be as beautiful as the old Windows Vista.
Mainstream support for Windows Vista ended three years ago, extended support will end in another two years. Supporting Vista with all that entails is just not worthwhile anymore.
Either way Windows Vista should work fine to answer the question. That should be the main thing here. Sadly we all had to flash our junk also rather just answering the question :P
/shrug

Vista was just the current Windows when I got my PC several years ago. It has served well up until now, and there was never any real reason or need to upgrade. It's not lke I expect to play Witcher 3 or anything -- I just didn't think RPG Maker would be the thing pressuring me to upgrade, especially when my actual hardware is more than capable.

Of course I would like to upgrade to WIndows 10, though it doesn't seem worth doing that until I'm actually ready to invest in a whole new computer.
Fyrebrand の投稿を引用:
I just didn't think RPG Maker would be the thing pressuring me to upgrade, especially when my actual hardware is more than capable.
It is not pressurising you. There is no indication that RM MV uses any libraries not available in Vista or intentionally breaks Vista compatibility. All the developers do is leave you alone with it.
Kisai 2015年10月10日 4時13分 
There is no reason for it not to work on Vista. MV could work on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 as long as the computer has a working current web browser (eg Chrome or Firefox.) The packaged versions (eg windows binary) AFAIK are still a HTML5 game. If this game[www.greenheartgames.com] works, then RPG Maker MV should work.
Kisai の投稿を引用:
MV could work on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 as long as the computer has a working current web browser
He isn't talking about games created with MV, he's talking about the MV editor itself - that is NOT browser-based but a program for windows (or Mac), and Vista is not officially listed as supported.
I do believe it should work on Vista because I see no reason for it not to, but I can't test that assumption. We all have to wait for release.
Avarion の投稿を引用:
Kisai の投稿を引用:
MV could work on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 as long as the computer has a working current web browser
He isn't talking about games created with MV, he's talking about the MV editor itself - that is NOT browser-based but a program for windows (or Mac), and Vista is not officially listed as supported.
I do believe it should work on Vista because I see no reason for it not to, but I can't test that assumption. We all have to wait for release.
If the devs sent me a copy I could start up a VM with every OS in existence and try it :P To bad that would not happen but hey I enjoy debugging things like that lol.
Mikuri 2015年10月10日 8時04分 
They don't state older OSes, but we all know they work on windows XP so if it doesn't work on vista, retrocompatibility! :D
Mikuri の投稿を引用:
They don't state older OSes, but we all know they work on windows XP so if it doesn't work on vista, retrocompatibility! :D
The Japanese Devs still use XP? lol

That seems slightly bad idea:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help
< >
1-15 / 15 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2015年10月8日 20時08分
投稿数: 15