Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

データを表示:
このトピックはロックされています
Linux
I'm still hoping you will keep your kickstarter's promise and deliver a native Linux version. I (and many others) pledged only because of the Linux version.
If you changed your mind and no Linux version will be released please let us know how to get a refund.
最近の変更はilcontegis [Linux]が行いました; 2017年6月9日 2時26分
< >
211-225 / 408 のコメントを表示
meraco の投稿を引用:
Odd that someone would think Debian is always bug free after an update..

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=postfix;dist=unstable

Because Debian is always bug free.. right?
I doubdt you use postfix on your desktop PC and also I doubdt you understand what "unstable" means and also that you actually have Linux installed as your primary OS.
So you have nothing useful to tell me.
Bacardi の投稿を引用:
meraco の投稿を引用:

I doubdt you use postfix on your desktop PC and also I doubdt you understand what "unstable" means and also that you actually have Linux installed as your primary OS.
So you have nothing useful to tell me.

As a matter of fact, I have a PC with Linux, (ubuntu) which I use mostly for server hosting, for games like Ark.. I also play Xcom2 and stellaris on it. I also have a PS4 and an XB1, and for steam games I use my windows machine...

Why do I have all these platforms? simple.. so I dont have to wait for any exclusives to be ported.. I play what I like when I like on whatever platform is required.. See.. now thats freedom..

Imposing self deprivation in hopes of a port that will never come is certainly not freedom..

in short.. you can play the game.. or you can spam the forums for a port... I choose to play the games as they come available.. not try to plead with developers to conform to my OS of choice.. it's the other way around, and is why they have the following posted on the store page:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10

If you want to play, thats what you need... simple..
So why do you play XCOM 2 and Stellaris on Linux?
qptain Nemo の投稿を引用:
So why do you play XCOM 2 and Stellaris on Linux?

Because they are available on linux.. Some may think I am anti linux.. Im not.. I would love to see all games ported to linux.. My oposing opinion is on the topic itself.

Begging for a port in every forum that does not support linux? which 95% of the time devs don't even look at them.

I have seen linux OPs started in 2011 and still to this day they +1 thinking that makes any difference at all.. pages and pages of spam and there has been no official reply to it in over 7 years...

So for 7 years they have been denying themselves to play a game which I have over 1000 hours in it...

Thats just sad...
最近の変更はmeracoが行いました; 2018年3月21日 9時41分
Well, that explains nothing. XCOM 2 is available on Windows, Playstation 4, Xbox One as well. all of which you own. But you choose to play it specifically on Linux. Why?
qptain Nemo の投稿を引用:
Well, that explains nothing. XCOM 2 is available on Windows, Playstation 4, Xbox One as well. all of which you own. But you choose to play it specifically on Linux. Why?

Personal choice.. My win machine has an SSD.. and space is limited.. so I like to spread my games around a little..

Makes no sense to pack my SSD to the rim while my 1 TB drive on my linux machine remains empty...
最近の変更はmeracoが行いました; 2018年3月21日 9時47分
+1 for real PC release
meraco の投稿を引用:
Why do I have all these platforms? simple.. so I dont have to wait for any exclusives to be ported.. I play what I like when I like on whatever platform is required.. See.. now thats freedom..
It depends on the definition of freedom. I never felt free just by having opportunities. My own choice is to play computer games on Linux so I wouln't care at all when there was no choice to use Windows.
It looks to me that you have a view on freedom that is very different from others. I feel very satisfied and free since I play on Linux and I know the money goes to supporters of this free platform. I have no problem with the limited choice.
You can spend your money on so much crap but by supporting Linux you support the whole world community and the open sources may still be used far in the future. This awareness feels wonderful.

To be honest, I had a wrong view on freedom for a long time and I noticed that advertisements and governmental teachers made me a bit blind. Freedom is a massive factor for happiness and in my current opinion I wouldn't care about 1.000$ more or less when I have the choice between a job that appears very positive and helpful to me and a job that feels fraudulent toward community.
And yes, I learned to feel very sorry for those people who work most of their lives for their little free time in a job they don't feel passionate about just to earn few dollars more. I wish those would open their eyes and realize how brainwashed they already are. Because they work incompetently and are unhappy no matter how many AAA games they can buy at release date or how big their cars are.

I think freedom is a matter of autonomy and independence from society and not a matter of choice.
meraco の投稿を引用:
Begging for a port in every forum that does not support linux? which 95% of the time devs don't even look at them.

I have seen linux OPs started in 2011 and still to this day they +1 thinking that makes any difference at all.. pages and pages of spam and there has been no official reply to it in over 7 years...

Well, but the other 5% do. And while most 2011 games with those threads won't be ported, there have been exceptions of old games being ported, and you're in enough of these threads to know of those cases.

meraco の投稿を引用:
Imposing self deprivation in hopes of a port that will never come is certainly not freedom..

(...)

If you want to play, thats what you need... simple..

For you freedom might mean play all the games, for me freedom means not having to purchase and boot an OS which gives me headaches. I have more than enough games on Linux, much more than I have time to play them. There are games that I would like to play, but I like my OS more than those games, is like if I had to purchase an overly expensive console and have to unplug something from the TV and plug the console each time I wanted to play, it's just too much hassle for most games.... I'm not saying I wouldn't reinstall windows and buy a game I really REALLY wanted, but after over 5 years windows free this seems less and less likely. Altough VR might actually make me do it.
+1 for linux
burzum の投稿を引用:
insanely_sane の投稿を引用:
What I find particularly amusing is that as a rule the Windows users are meat heads with absolutely no idea on how software actually works (which I suppose makes sense since they're essentially using an appliance and not a PC).

A prime example of this is the paradox forums and in the reviews where they point out Paradox employ "poor programmers" because of "mah 100% single core usage, other cores are idle". I point out that any of the games run fine on linux with 25-30% usage on all cores equally and get told "is coz game made for windows, linux will never run as good unless in an emulator like wine". wft.

People want to use "an application" and not mess around with the system. This is how an OS and a whole complex system should be built - intuitive to use and don't drag the user away from his tasks. Each time I have to use Linux it exactly does that. I can work with Linux but compared to Windows its a PITA, I would never use it as desktop OS.

I call the 2nd paragraph ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ until you provide technical benchmarks from a serious source. An application that was not written to use multiple threads won't magically scale across multiple cors.

I would prefer they put some effort in good DLCs or the next game than Linux. Linux is such a minority and gamers are a minority of this minoriy. I doubt the revenue generated by the Linux audience is worth the resources.

linux essentialy stays out of the way as you uses it the way you want!

I just can't use windows anyme, infinity clicking through gui is not for me when a terminal command can end everything!

Transparency, freedom of choince and 90 bucks on my wallet worth the effort!
meraco の投稿を引用:
Bacardi の投稿を引用:
^^^^^^
I've never seen a single update on GNU\Linux Debian that broke something after installation.
And there is multiple examples when Microsoft screwed their obfuscated updates.

there is no such a thing: bug free
I still don't know why windows users are here... go clicking somewhere
Nanini Arch BR の投稿を引用:
I still don't know why windows users are here... go clicking somewhere

Its a discussion on a public forum. Anyone can take part in that discussion, in favor or in oposition to the topic. (note the tab at the top of this page)

As per the forum rules:

When providing feedback, posting information, or discussing a product in Steam, whether it’s negative or positive, please make sure you are being relevant, constructive and polite. Developers take feedback from all kinds of sources into account

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4045-USHJ-3810

There is nothing within that document that states you may only reply if you are in favor of linux.

No discussion is exclusive to a one sided viewpoint.

So, I still don't know why linux users think only they can post here.

meraco の投稿を引用:
Its a discussion on a public forum. Anyone can take part in that discussion, in favor or in oposition to the topic. (note the tab at the top of this page)
I don't get why should windows users be in opposition. Why the hell do they even care if we get the Linux version?

The only reason a windows user opposed this, is out of spite and being extremely selfish and hateful (after all, they feel we shouldn't get a native version, and only they should have the luxury of having one).
最近の変更はJunglist [Linux] 🐧 [Ubuntu]が行いました; 2018年3月22日 8時17分
< >
211-225 / 408 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2017年6月9日 2時25分
投稿数: 408