Wallpaper Engine

Wallpaper Engine

データを表示:
Failed to create window
When I open the pc usually i get this error "Failed to create window", but only on one monitor (I have 2). Sometimes on the first one, sometimes on the other.
Wallpaper Engine doesn't appear on the icon taskbar after this error and I have to reopen it from Steam to get the wallpaper on both monitors.
< >
1-15 / 20 のコメントを表示
Biohazard  [開発者] 2018年1月5日 6時26分 
Can you share a screenshot of that error? In case you enabled the high-priority option, try it without, maybe the program starts too early before everything on your PC is ready.
https://imgur.com/a/a9x7m

This is the error. I'll try what you suggested by now.
Yo Im getting this same error now. is there a fix?
Biohazard  [開発者] 2020年7月27日 15時17分 
Please try reinstalling the latest graphics drivers.

If that doesn't work, do you get any similar errors with video type wallpapers such as this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831595366 ? Or do these work?

This is a very fundamental Windows issue and our current guess is that it's a random driver related bug. If it works with video type wallpapers then we can maybe find a work around to this Windows issue.
Same problem here. I've got it like once in two or three days. Two errors: 1.directx 10 does not sopported by my video card and 2. failed to create window. Reinstalling drivers does not help. I've got animated/video wallpaper on both my monitors.
Biohazard  [開発者] 2020年7月28日 2時48分 
Fat_Bastard の投稿を引用:
directx 10 does not sopported by my video card

This error is shown if the issue is knowingly caused by your graphics driver being broken, so that's definitely the problem. It's different from the issue the OP has because we are not 100% sure yet what causes that Windows problem.

But if the program says DirectX 10 doesn't work, then that's true.

Please make a new thread and share this log in that new thread: https://help.wallpaperengine.io/en/debug/scantool.html DirectX must be fixed because it's a basic requirement for Wallpaper Engine and that log may allow us to see what's wrong.

If you have this problem only when the computer starts and you're using the high priority option, then there's an issue with how the driver and Windows start up. In that case the solution is to use the normal auto start and not the high priority option.
最近の変更はBiohazardが行いました; 2020年7月28日 3時29分
Same problem here, except I can't even try to put on a new wallpaper because the ENTIRE application crashes after showing the "failed to create scene window" error. I've reinstalled the drivers and did NOT get the DirectX 10 doesn't work error.
Biohazard  [開発者] 2020年7月28日 8時42分 
Please try the beta and share the error from there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/2/350544272219415004/

This should now show a different message which includes a Windows error code and perhaps that helps figuring out what is wrong.

dojin の投稿を引用:
the ENTIRE application crashes after showing the "failed to create scene window" error

You can delete the configuration from here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\config.json
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\config.json.bkp

Normally Wallpaper Engine has a "safe start" feature for such situations so that it doesn't load wallpapers after a crash, but it might have been disabled, so now deleting the config would prevent the program to load the recent wallpapers.
I don't know if this'll be useful or not, but up to today I also had the problem with "failed to create scene window" and WE crashing. Though I noticed and learned something interesting. When the "failed to create scene window" pops up, the main wallpaper always loads and works (the wallpaper has sound, until I click 'ok' or close the window sound is playing and audio responsive effect is working). I think that some wallpapers create an error. I switched the wallpaper that always didn't load and the 'failed to create scene window' alert didn't pop-up. As for WE crashing, for me WE crashes when the alert about crash shows and prompts you to star with safe mode. But when I click 'cancel' and change wallaper to anything else and back it works normally.
Biohazard  [開発者] 2020年7月29日 3時31分 
Blasted の投稿を引用:
I don't know if this'll be useful or not, but up to today I also had the problem with "failed to create scene window" and WE crashing. Though I noticed and learned something interesting. When the "failed to create scene window" pops up, the main wallpaper always loads and works (the wallpaper has sound, until I click 'ok' or close the window sound is playing and audio responsive effect is working). I think that some wallpapers create an error. I switched the wallpaper that always didn't load and the 'failed to create scene window' alert didn't pop-up. As for WE crashing, for me WE crashes when the alert about crash shows and prompts you to star with safe mode. But when I click 'cancel' and change wallaper to anything else and back it works normally.

Thanks for the info. The error is only related to "scene" type wallpapers. But it's such a fundamental Windows error that it happens long before the wallpaper files are loaded, so I don't think that it's related to any particular scene wallpaper either. Windows is just failing to do something that should be impossible to fail - yet since two weeks (before the last Wallpaper Engine update) it is happening more frequently so I can only attribute it to a Windows a driver update gone wrong.

If you continue to have this issue though, please try the beta version http://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/2/350544272219415004/ above where the error message should show a Windows error code that you could share here. Plus this log: https://help.wallpaperengine.io/en/debug/scantool.html
最近の変更はBiohazardが行いました; 2020年7月29日 3時31分
Hi all,

I have just encountered this same error also. To get round it i opted into the beta version and now all seems to be working well.

Hope this info helps.
Biohazard  [開発者] 2020年7月29日 3時56分 
Snipe_Dogg375 の投稿を引用:
Hi all,

I have just encountered this same error also. To get round it i opted into the beta version and now all seems to be working well.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks. Can you please share this log: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\log.txt in that case? The beta basically calls this bugged Windows function over and over until it works and I wonder if it logged any useful information about this.

You can upload this log to www.ufile.io and share the link to it here.
Biohazard の投稿を引用:
Snipe_Dogg375 の投稿を引用:
Hi all,

Hope this info helps.

Thanks. Can you please share this log: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\log.txt in that case? The beta basically calls this bugged Windows function over and over until it works and I wonder if it logged any useful information about this.

You can upload this log to www.ufile.io and share the link to it here.

Hi Biohazard,

Please see link for file you requested -

https://ufile.io/tv8vutcn

Hope it helps sort the problem.

Cheers
Had this issue as well. I checked and windows needed to update, I updated and everything seems to be working fine afterward.

If you are having this issue try and see if there's an update as it seems to have fixed the issue, at least for me.
I got this bug now after the last updates (Windows 10) a few days ago. Everytime (100% reproducible) when i start the computer, it appears.

And yes @Biohazard the bug is gone with Videowallpapers! Also reproducible.
Edit: With most of the szene-wallpapers i get this error (not on all)

I also tryed to reinstall the Nvidia Driver but that doesnt help.

Win 10
Ryzen 1800X
1080 Ti
最近の変更はGnaden!xが行いました; 2020年7月30日 7時12分
< >
1-15 / 20 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2018年1月5日 1時34分
投稿数: 20