Dwarf Fortress

Dwarf Fortress

did the update break something on linux?
With the update today I get an error message like

"An error occurred while updating dwarf fortress (missing executable): dwarfort"

on launch. This is without enabling proton.

With proton it seems to crash as well with no message, while it used to work.

This is on Ubuntu 20.04.

Curious if anyone else ran into this
< >
1-15 / 17 のコメントを表示
Fel 2023年7月22日 13時33分 
I know you probably did it already but just in case, verify the game files' integrity, sometimes for whatever reason some files get corrupted or deleted.
I'm on version 50.08 and am having the same issue. Reinstalled, but executable is still missing.
heimo 2023年7月22日 13時48分 
Fel の投稿を引用:
I know you probably did it already but just in case, verify the game files' integrity, sometimes for whatever reason some files get corrupted or deleted.

Right, it does verify successfully
最近の変更はheimoが行いました; 2023年7月22日 13時49分
Fixed it - just had to reenable proton in the configuration.
Yourself の投稿を引用:
care to elaborate? coz if you mean properties -> compatibility -> [X] Force the use of a specific Steam Play comp. tool -> various Proton versions, then yea well that didn't work for me.
最近の変更は🐤🎀First AIDS Kid🎀🐤が行いました; 2023年7月22日 15時29分
heimo 2023年7月22日 15時53分 
In the last update video they mentioned being almost ready to push the linux port, so maybe they pushed it and that caused the game to attempt to ditch proton and launch its linux executable. If I've understood correctly then I am mainly interested in seeing if I can get the linux port working.
Same problem here. Worked yesterday, broke today. I uninstalled the game and installed back - no success.
heimo の投稿を引用:
that caused the game to attempt to ditch proton and launch its linux executable

I don't see linux executable among the files. Seems like the start command in steam is updated but game files are not.
Yourself の投稿を引用:
Thank you, it helped.
How are you reenabling proton? Is it the same as force use a specific proton version? I've tried with 3 different ones and no luck yet

Suigintou_Maid の投稿を引用:
Yourself の投稿を引用:
Thank you, it helped.
Cold Conscience の投稿を引用:
How are you reenabling proton? Is it the same as force use a specific proton version? I've tried with 3 different ones and no luck yet

In settings for the game I choose "Properties", than compatibility tab, and there I check "Force Proton" checkbox.

Actually, I have uninstalled Proton before doing it and then reinstalled, maybe it matters.
im having the same issue - are yall finding theres something more specific than just force proton? for me its not working
Zixburn の投稿を引用:
im having the same issue - are yall finding theres something more specific than just force proton? for me its not working
I know this is still just "enable proton" but the custom GE 8-7 fixed it for me
I am having the same issue on Manjaro. The error message from steam is:

Failure
An error occurred while updating Dwarf Fortress (missing executable) :
/home/usr/.locale/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Dwarf Fortress/dwarfort

There really is no file named "dwarfort" in that directory.
I have tried verifying, restarting my pc, reinstalling Dwarf Fortress and multiple proton versions. Nothing fixed it for me.
最近の変更はfregeriが行いました; 2023年7月23日 20時08分
fregeri の投稿を引用:
I am having the same issue on Manjaro. The error message from steam is:

Failure
An error occurred while updating Dwarf Fortress (missing executable) :
/home/usr/.locale/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Dwarf Fortress/dwarfort

There really is no file named "dwarfort" in that directory.
I have tried verifying, restarting my pc, reinstalling Dwarf Fortress and multiple proton versions. Nothing fixed it for me.
"dwarfort" is what the executable is named in the test Linux builds, not in the Windows build.

If you are on a test branch of DF, try switching to the stable branch. Maybe some configuration has changed on the test branch that is causing it to look for the expected Linux executable on Linux without it actually being present.
最近の変更はlethosorが行いました; 2023年7月25日 23時32分
< >
1-15 / 17 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2023年7月22日 13時31分
投稿数: 17