全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
How long has SHMUP been a thing?
Has to be one of the dumbest sounding acronyms I have ever seen.
< >
16-17 / 17 のコメントを表示
MoonC A T の投稿を引用:
Start_Running の投稿を引用:
Bullet Hells are a sub genre of shmups.
Am aware. All tigers are cats but not all cats are tigers. I get that.
Yup but the distinction has come more recently. ALl SHmups were in the begining 'Bullet Hells' just by nature of their design. It wasn't until we got to the kinder-gentler design philosophies of the late 90's that the branching started. Where the developers for PC and console shmups realized that "Hey, we're not designing these for quarter munching arcade cabinets anymore'
Orange Heart の投稿を引用:
I can tell ya here and now if it has the Blood or Gore tag that typically means your in for a very brutal death for someone in the game and I very very rarely see that tag used outside of those games, and usually when they mean Blood or Gore, they do mean that because frankly the last game I played that had the tag didnt have any gore in it and I was confused....

...That is till I got to the end when a girls head got chomped half off and the art displayed that """lovely""" graphical death so...ya....

You are not wrong, but that´s still something related to rating. "Blood" and "good sountrack" are simply two different parameters of measure, one related to rating, one to artistic direction, and then if we also mix in genres...

My problem is not that those things are disclosure, but rather that they are thrown into the "tags" area and be done with it. If I go right now to a small indie game with only 20 reviews and put in the "RPG" tag and convince maybe 2 more friends of mine to use it, then the tag "RPG" will be on the game even if it´s a hidden objects clicker. That´s the issue and what steam should adress before toying with genres and changing their names for whatever reasons.

Like some have mentioned in this thread, this genre was called "Shoot´em up", then "bullet hells" and now it´s "SHMUP" which is not even a correct acronysm
< >
16-17 / 17 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2023年9月27日 8時12分
投稿数: 17