HPET (HIGH PRECISSION EVENT TIMER) ON or OFF?
My Specs; i7 7700k, Gainward Gtx 1080 GLH, 16gb ram, 250gb SSD (OS), 500gb SSD (Games)
< >
1-11 / 11 のコメントを表示
Omega 2018年10月2日 13時13分 
Default settings.
Omega の投稿を引用:
Default settings.
Default is on, but i read some forums and they say disable to get more fps. WHy let it on default?
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
Omega の投稿を引用:
Default settings.
Default is on, but i read some forums and they say disable to get more fps. WHy let it on default?
It’s more or less OS dependent. HPET stands for High Precision Event Timer. Turning it on uses the newer timers for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 or newer. Turning it off uses old timers for Windows XP and older.

Unless you’re using Windows XP or older on the system if yours, it’s best to leave it on.
The Spoopy Kitteh の投稿を引用:
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
It’s more or less OS dependent. HPET stands for High Precision Event Timer. Turning it on uses the newer timers for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 or newer. Turning it off uses old timers for Windows XP and older.

Unless you’re using Windows XP or older on the system if yours, it’s best to leave it on.
i have WIN 10
If you are using Win7 or higher, then it doesn't have it enabled by default. Enabled in BIOS doesn't mean it is being used.

Win10 uses a much more efficient TSC on the CPU as default, regardless of HPET being enabled in BIOS. You'll only use HPET if a specific program was made to use it.
最近の変更はReveleneが行いました; 2018年10月2日 14時30分
Revelene の投稿を引用:
If you are using Win10, then it doesn't have it enabled by default. Enabled in BIOS doesn't mean it is being used.

Win10 uses a much more efficient TSC on the CPU as default, regardless of HPET being enabled in BIOS. You'll only use HPET if a specific program was made to use it.
should i disable it in BIOS?
Omega 2018年10月2日 14時31分 
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
Revelene の投稿を引用:
If you are using Win10, then it doesn't have it enabled by default. Enabled in BIOS doesn't mean it is being used.

Why would you? It's not going to make your PC run better in any way.
Omega の投稿を引用:
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
Why would you? It's not going to make your PC run better in any way.
ok, i let it enabled.
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
Revelene の投稿を引用:

Leave it be. You OS is smart enough to handle this automatically.
Revelene の投稿を引用:
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:

ok. thx. The thing why i asked was i have in some games stuttering and read that disable HPET should fix the stuttering. but it doesnt work.
Lumber Worm の投稿を引用:
Revelene の投稿を引用:

ok. thx. The thing why i asked was i have in some games stuttering and read that disable HPET should fix the stuttering. but it doesnt work.

I can show you just as many claims that forcing HPET is better.

The fact is that neither CPU clock or platform clock (HPET) are objectively better.

Your stuttering problem is most likely elsewhere.
< >
1-11 / 11 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2018年10月2日 13時08分
投稿数: 11