全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Off Topic > トピックの詳細
What is a stupid rule at your school that backfired?
Guidelines:
1. Say what was the stupid rule and how it failed, don't spare details!
2. Have fun!

And now it's time for honorable mentions!

Miss Ann Thrope:
We had to participate in the D.A.R.E. program. A police officer visited our class once or twice a week to promote America's war against drugs. Years later, studies showed that the whole program was a spectacular failure worldwide.

WaitandSee:
My High School had quite strict internet traffic filtering which blocked access to a massive number of websites, it used key-word filtering, phrase weighting and blacklists, since majority of the school was issued Macbooks thanks to a Government Initiative, people would often be using them for recreational use during breaks or in class (When they should be working), an Infamous system called DansGuardian.

I managed to get the DET's (Department of Education and Training) Proxy Details through less than scrupulous means (Watching over a staff member's shoulder while typing) and some of my colleagues managed to use the single biggest weakness in any IT Security system, Social Engineering, they needed access to a specific website to get data for an assignment, this website was blocked by DansGuardian, so they managed to get the member of staff to put in the Proxy address and password to bypass it, they obviously recorded the address and the password for the proxy and voila, we now have a proxy that bypasses the DansGuardian.

It was about a year maybe that we had this proxy but someone leaked it, then it started spreading (Loose lips sink ships), they promptly changed the proxy after finding out Students had access to it.

I then switched to using a VPN to encrypt my traffic, sending data over port 80 and port 443, Immunity Gained, can't filter HTTP and HTTPS ports now can you? Hehe.

Mutant Strain:
Well in my senior year they made a rule that no one could leave school grounds during the day and they locked all the gates from start to finish and there was a massive protest and almost everyone just walked out of the school. They didn't take away the rules though but we found ways around it I mean as if it's that hard to dig a hole under a fence, we were like a bunch of rats escaping from prison.

RetroCat:
The zero tolerance policy. It basically ensured that bullies got absolutely no punishment for their actions while the victims that stood up for themselves got punished along with their abusers. What's the point? Lip service the lot of it.

That's all folks, but remember! If you want to get an honorable mention or just help out this post out in general, type in a dumb rule that backfired beautifully! Until next time!
最近の変更はqwertyuiopが行いました; 2021年5月6日 4時36分
< >
16-30 / 54 のコメントを表示
No caffeinated beverages. Didn't fly, because I exist
No pooping in urinals
Uniforms and no piercings
No weapons, I sold someone a machete on the schoolyard and I remember someone who sold all the time selfmade knives.
Guys, come on, did you guys even read the guidelines? Take this thing seriously, actually give a good response and how it backfired.
Well in my senior year they made a rule that no one could leave school grounds during the day and they locked all the gates from start to finish and there was a massive protest and almost everyone just walked out of the school. They didn't take away the rules though but we found ways around it I mean as if it's that hard to dig a hole under a fence, we were like a bunch of rats escaping from prison.
Mutant Strain の投稿を引用:
Ladies and gentlemen, this and a couple other posts is exactly what you should do. Thank you for actually putting in a proper response.
Pinky 2021年5月5日 16時21分 
Mutant Strain の投稿を引用:

Reminds me of a Steve McQueen film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Q_WESQUVw
The zero tolerance policy. It basically ensured that bullies got absolutely no punishment for their actions while the victims that stood up for themselves got punished along with their abusers. What's the point? Lip service the lot of it.
Miss Ann Thrope の投稿を引用:
Mutant Strain の投稿を引用:

Reminds me of a Steve McQueen film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Q_WESQUVw
Great connection, they are similar, the film is great.
𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓒𝓪𝓽 の投稿を引用:
Once again, perfect, exactly what I wanted, thank you and yes, zero tolerance was stupid.
Neko™: Carl™ の投稿を引用:
No smoking in class.
Dude, come on, why.
Miss Ann Thrope の投稿を引用:
D.A.R.E.

i had a friend that was paart of the dare, going to the schools and crap. she had the best drugs you could find
最近の変更はKalCueyが行いました; 2021年5月5日 17時02分
𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓒𝓪𝓽 の投稿を引用:

it always amazed me that bullies were just boys being boys but when the bullied stood up it was agression that needed to be stopped.
⚜⤥MegabytzZ | Matthias⤦⚜ の投稿を引用:
No weapons, I sold someone a machete on the schoolyard and I remember someone who sold all the time selfmade knives.
Wow, now that is a failure.
< >
16-30 / 54 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Off Topic > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2021年5月4日 19時35分
投稿数: 54