全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam for Mac > トピックの詳細
Playing Teardown on iMac M1 Chip Via Parallels
I'm not super computer savvy so I need some help pls. I'd like to play Teardown (and other Steam games like Spiderman) on an iMac with an M1 chip but I'm reading online the only Windows you can install is the Windows for ARM version through Parallels. Will Teardown install and run on this version of Windows? I read that a lot of Windows games are not compatible with this version.
< >
1-5 / 5 のコメントを表示
Windows for ARM will run through Parallels, but it won't run games like Teardown which do not support ARM.

You'd have to use a x86-64 -> ARM translator like Rosetta 2 to make that possible. But even with modern Mac OS native x86 code, the performance through Rosetta 2 is most of the time not that great.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/apps-on-arm-x86-emulation
Technically Windows has something similar, but it's more targeted for simpler applications

I doubt you will be able to play any demanding game like Teardown or the latest Spider-Man game on M1 hardware
Thanks so much for the reply, that's what I expected but wanted to make sure. My son really wants to play Teardown! But we just don't have the hardware. Thinking there may be a Steam Deck under the Christmas tree this year...
最近の変更はNOT wheatleyが行いました; 2022年9月12日 9時36分
Zardoz 2022年9月13日 15時29分 
Cathulhu の投稿を引用:
Windows for ARM will run through Parallels, but it won't run games like Teardown which do not support ARM.

You'd have to use a x86-64 -> ARM translator like Rosetta 2 to make that possible. But even with modern Mac OS native x86 code, the performance through Rosetta 2 is most of the time not that great.

Technically Windows has something similar, but it's more targeted for simpler applications

Yes, Windows 11 ARM has its own Rosetta 2-like translation layer, and it does attempt to run x86 windows software when it's running through Parallels. It's definitely not as good as Rosetta 2.

Some games, especially older games, do work with it decently, while others have poor performance or don't work at all. For a more updated list, go see the Apple Gaming Wiki. Even that site doesn't have perfect info. I recently completed Renegade Ops perfectly in Win 11 ARM under Parallels, and that's not on the list for example.

As for gaming performance through Rosetta 2, it's around 70-80% of native, so I would say "decently" playable for most things especially if you have an M1 Pro or M1 Max.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
{{{
< >
1-5 / 5 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam for Mac > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2022年9月11日 18時32分
投稿数: 5