全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Mobile > トピックの詳細
Steam Mobile for Windows Phone 10?
Since the Windows 8 Version never came
Windows phone 10 version?
最近の変更はIzayoが行いました; 2015年10月11日 6時24分
< >
76-90 / 5,439 のコメントを表示
Bor 2013年1月25日 1時30分 
Interesting point there, almost as interesting as roughly 1 million Steam users who can't buy games when they are away from their PC.
Bor 2013年1月25日 1時53分 
Wait what? What has "Steam gaming" have to do with windows phone gaming? Steam has iOS app and that doesn't mean you can play Steam games on iOS devices, same goes for Android. We're not hoping for a way to play Portal on a phone, all we want is to be able to buy games when we don't have access to PC and to be able to chat with our friends. The ONLY difference between Steam apps for iOS, Android and WP are market shares, nothing more, nothing less. MS games have nothing to do with it, Win 8 has nothing to do with it...
Seriously, it's business, I can't buy games when on the go and many people who bought WP8 won't be able to for at least next two years (you know, contracts and such). I totally understand why Gabe has problems with windows store, I don't understand why he doesn't have the same kind of problems with Apple's store (on desktops) but it doesn't matter, all it matters is that Steam is loosing money with ignoring the WP.

And once again, WP is gaining users not loosing and for at least another few years it's not going anywhere, MS is too big of a player and they can afford to loose money in the beginning to get users and build ecosystem in the long run.
最近の変更はBorが行いました; 2013年1月25日 1時53分
Bor 2013年1月25日 3時10分 
I know where you're going but still, WP is not a bad platform, I never said it's the best for everyone but currently it's the best for me. If you or. people who want to customize their phones don't like it it's ok with me, just don't expect me to stand behind "worst platform ever". I totally understand why I don't get "Museum of 18th century torture devices used in south west asia" app, but I do not understand why Valve is so ignoring cca 1 million users that CANT give them money when they are away from PC. That is just ignorant and it comes down to Gabe's opinion towards Win8 and especially against it's store, that is it's competitor.
I don't want to spend another week arguing with you, if you want to understand the math behind 2% unhappy users that can't give you money it may not sound much, but when you start talking about a service that has roughly 50 million active users numbers start to add up.
I have had all 3 platforms as i just buy my handsets to stay out of contracts and i will say that between my last 6 hansets iphone 3gs - 4 - 4S - Galaxy S3 (Hated android OS buggy and crashed ALOT) Iphone 5 (Got on release to get rid of the S3) and now my Samsung Ativ S that i prefer the windows phone 8 to both droid and ios. I feel its just a nicer system to live with and the best of both worlds. Just needs more apps.
WP8 has a growing share of the market every were its selling.
No 1 can say its on the decline as its well documented its not.
Haters should stay on there own wee droid and ios forums/threads.
Clan Wolf の投稿を引用:
Dont blame software developers like Valve for not bringing the client you wanted or game app or whatever just because you got stuck with the dumbest of phones ever designed.
From these market share reports, windows device have only gotten to about 2% of the market, now with win8 their market share is starting to rise. To about 5% and could possibly get to 10% by about 2016 its predicted, yeah im not holding my breath see the links below to just how ♥♥♥♥ windows devices really are.

http://blog.goyello.com/2009/10/08/can-windows-phone-regain-its-market-share-from-iphone/

http://wmpoweruser.com/the-us-windows-phone-market-share-grew-50-between-q2-and-q3-2012/

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-phone-still-behind-android-and-apple-ios-according-dec-2012-market-share-data

Even blackberry and unknown devices do better than windows devices

So first you say its a failing OS then you turn around and say its gaining market share but is a dumb OS? Please leave troll, we do not need your negativity. The Windows Phone OS is fantastic, its alot better than that iOS clone Android.
最近の変更は.:C7:. NOTWSが行いました; 2013年1月25日 12時28分
I've also got the 8x and I knew there wasn't going to be a lot of apps but I MEAN C'MON STEAM???? jeez and jeez WP IS AMAZING!! LY HORRIFIC!
Even though I finally got an Android phone for now, I plan on switching to Windows Phone in the future, so i would also like Steam for Windows Phone.
Plus, Windows Phone is MUCH better than blackberry.

/signed
A Windows Phone 8 app with a kick ass live tile would ROCK. I used the steam mobile app on my old android to buy games and would def use it on the Lumia 920. Would totally replace my xbox live tile for sure lol.
Steam please make a Windows Phone 8 app.
I recently acquired a Lumia 920 and would very much like to see an official Windows Phone app. Some people mentioned above that they're using third-party apps in order to access Steam Chat, and I think that's a potential security risk for them. Please, don't leave them in the cold, release a functional app for the Windows Phone OS.
J4kob 2013年2月25日 17時55分 
cmon we need the steam app!!!
ExiaRS Гангам_стил の投稿を引用:
There is no new life. Don't drink MSFT cool aid. WP8 is dead, like WP7.x. Marketshare is decreasing. MSFT never announced how much WP phones was sold as they know numbers are misarable.

And don't let me start with W8 which is already biggest MSFT flop ever as desktop OS. Did you read that PC sales in USA are in dive even after W8 release? OEMs hates MSFT, and it will be just worse as GOOG is building huge alliance. From other side, Valve is pushing Linux...

Keep dreaming - facts are hard.

you may want to check out the OS Stats in steam. Currently win 8 pro has 8% more than vista and any linux. Sooooo if that is a flop then steams venture to linux is also a big time flop.

What the issue is. Ouya console is coming. The gaming community will eventually stop porting to PC. you will be left with Console and Ouya. This is probably not a big deal now but if new hot games dry up and indie devs hit android console and forget PC. Then you are left with steam getting little to no revenue and having to host 2000 titles.

In 3 years or so people will stop playing PC games and just play console games. If microsoft has success in making 3 screens a reality. So you buy a game 1 time you play it on pc,console,phone then why would you buy from steam?

Abe sees this and is raging. That is where the gaming world is heading. Look at GTA V no pc version announced. Only xbox and PS. Expect more and more top tier titles to roll out like this.
Deathdealer35 の投稿を引用:
ExiaRS Гангам_стил の投稿を引用:
There is no new life. Don't drink MSFT cool aid. WP8 is dead, like WP7.x. Marketshare is decreasing. MSFT never announced how much WP phones was sold as they know numbers are misarable.

And don't let me start with W8 which is already biggest MSFT flop ever as desktop OS. Did you read that PC sales in USA are in dive even after W8 release? OEMs hates MSFT, and it will be just worse as GOOG is building huge alliance. From other side, Valve is pushing Linux...

Keep dreaming - facts are hard.

you may want to check out the OS Stats in steam. Currently win 8 pro has 8% more than vista and any linux. Sooooo if that is a flop then steams venture to linux is also a big time flop.

What the issue is. Ouya console is coming. The gaming community will eventually stop porting to PC. you will be left with Console and Ouya. This is probably not a big deal now but if new hot games dry up and indie devs hit android console and forget PC. Then you are left with steam getting little to no revenue and having to host 2000 titles.

In 3 years or so people will stop playing PC games and just play console games. If microsoft has success in making 3 screens a reality. So you buy a game 1 time you play it on pc,console,phone then why would you buy from steam?

Abe sees this and is raging. That is where the gaming world is heading. Look at GTA V no pc version announced. Only xbox and PS. Expect more and more top tier titles to roll out like this.

Ouya will not kill PC gaming, people don't want to play terrible looking phone games on a TV.
Izayo 2013年2月26日 9時24分 
.:C7:. NOTWS の投稿を引用:
Deathdealer35 の投稿を引用:

Ouya will not kill PC gaming, people don't want to play terrible looking phone games on a TV.

I kind agree Android is already huge But still most android game's ar Touch based so a console needs alot of tweeks and twitches before it feel right
I also have an 8X and would love the app for Windows Phone 8. Come on devs show some love :)
< >
76-90 / 5,439 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Mobile > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2012年11月9日 7時07分
投稿数: 5,439