PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to launch floola - 11.04

super newbie
June 15th, 2011, 04:27 PM
hi all
i tried Floola a few days ago and though it was great. now when i double click the floola icon, nothing happens. i’ve noticed that when i right click on the icon and select “properties” in the “open with” tab, it was set to open with Wine Application Loader…so i uninstalled WINE and tried to run Floola again, this time it started up and asked me what type if ipod i had. i selected 5G Video and there it was Floola was working and displaying all the stuff on my ipod. I closed Floola, and now i can’t get it to open again, back at square one. i'm not saying it "never" launches, but if try to launch it 25 times, i'd be surprised if it worked once. also i've tried to load the program directly onto the the ipod and try to launch it, i get a message saying something like "there is no application associated with launching executables" (i put the windows version onto my ipod, and took it to a windows machine and it worked great) any ideas on how to launch right from the ipod itself, or why when i run it from the desktop it rarely works? thanks in advance

PS i've used itunes (on a windows box)to completely format my ipod, and add a few songs, but sill no luck on ubuntu....

ajgreeny
June 15th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Launch floola from terminal and see if any error messages are helpful in any way.

super newbie
June 16th, 2011, 12:29 AM
tried to run it from the terminal and here's what i got

mike@mike-desktop:~/Desktop$ cd Floola-linux
mike@mike-desktop:~/Desktop/Floola-linux$ ls
Floola Floola Libs Readme.txt
mike@mike-desktop:~/Desktop/Floola-linux$ Floola
Floola: command not found
mike@mike-desktop:~/Desktop/Floola-linux$

as i said before, it will work once every few days...doesn't make any sense to me, but i don't know that much about linux. anyway i found a copy of 10.04 lying around, if i can't get this to work properly i'll probably just re-install 10.04. thanks everyone