• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

This is fine, was it? Like, we've shared it for weeks, so it's fine?

It’s not like we have a way to watch it legally so yeah I guess. As long as we don’t do something stupid like sharing the link all over Twitter and catching the attention of Tsuburaya it should be fine.

I still have some hope because UGF2 also had most of the good stuff in the second half. But I am disappointed that UGF3 didn’t have any crazy stuff like Legend in the first half. Not sure if this Noa name drop out of no where counts. But anyways making a new prediction.

USA Ultra (Ultra Force) will fall against Titan. Ribut comes to back them up but also loses against Titan. When Titan is about to deal the finishing blow Noa appears. Don’t know what will happen after that but ehh we’ll see on May 26.

I hate that I had to say something bad about it, because my boy, I really don't want to put shit on Ultraman. And I mean hey, I gave some actual constructive criticism instead of abusing my freedom of speech.

Plus, who you to tell me to put faith on the team.
My man, I run on Hopium.
I will spread the goodwill of Ultraman till the day I drop dead

Edit: It's all in good fun anyway, i forgot to clarify this

Aight, lemme link ya to the posts in the main wiki Discord, that oughta be solid proof of that, but unironic.

At this point I’m just hoping they don’t f*ck up the rematch between Ultimate Shining Zero and Tartarus. Like I don’t wanna see any slow motion unless it’s specifically done via their time abilities and I better see one of them do some timey wimey shenanigan with the other resisting it and all that other stuff.

They’ve been building up Tartarus as a guy that can only be defeated by somebody with space-time powers so the fight better not just be a physical/energy fight where all they do is slash, block, and blast each other.

If Ultimate Final and that Reiga fight is any indication, I think Koichi actually knows when to break away from having completely martial arts based battles. Heck, he handled Gamma Future's debut, and considering he exchanges directorial skills with Taguchi, who seems to do the special skills stuff better in general, I think he should be able to pull off something at least satisfactory.

Only with this match being added did I realize, Kate, as well as Grande and just about every other Reionics, should have Soul Manipulation (Soul Damage). Because we know that Reionics are spiritually connected to their monsters, which is what causes the damage transferral we see.

I knew I felt something missing when I posted the profile. Oh right forgot to mention I posted on the match and Kate is currently winning via numbers and higher AP so start voting guys.

Last edited:
If I'm correct, whenever a Reionics's monster gets hurt they also feel the pain. That means their Soul Manipulation isn't combat applicable right ?

Oh yeah one more thing, when is shown that the Ultra Brothers are comparable to the New Gens Final Forms

Rei and Grande were also shown to hurt Reiblood’s spiritual body with their monsters’ attacks. So it probably is combat applicable.

Ultraman Z is an example. Both Ace and Delta Rise Claw Z can hurt Baraba. So they are comparable to an extent. Though the scaling might potentially change depending on how well Taro does against Post-2nd Amp Absolute Tregear. After all Delta Rise Claw Z did get one shot by Post-2nd Amp Absolute Belial with a kick.

Really ? I think Imma have to rewatch the first and watch the second series.

So basically Z’s episode is the scene for said scene. And poor Z, man’s got oneshotted rather easily.

I'm gonna have to confirm it myself as well, because my basis, aside from the battle with Reiblood, was that Eleking had to cut off his connection with Rei to prevent both of them dying.

Don't worry, Z was just very exhausted, I'm shore. But I mean, I guess it makes some sense considering the prologue showed the Isotopes being further empowered by Absolutian Particles.

I mean all Z did was fight Gina for a few minutes and then get punched once by Gua before stomping some fodder Baltans. And we already saw First Amp Absolute Belial was on the lvl of Base Zero and shatter the shields of Ribut, Andro Melos, and Joneus. So even with the first amp they are all without a doubt on the lvl of the New Generation Final Forms. Which means it isn’t really that shocking for 2nd Amp Absolute Belial to be far above his previous state. Though him knocking Delta Rise Claw Z back into Base with a normal kick without any special effects was kind of stupid. Like they could’ve at least showed him amping his kick a bit with Absolutian energy.

Hadda rewatch the episode again when you mentioned how Z was reverted, because honestly I mostly glazed over parts that didn't include characters with real dynamics. And yeah, kick, bam, Original.

At least there's this neat piece of continuity in the usage of powers that I just noticed. Through Reiga, it's likely they utilized Gruebe's ability to separate souls in order to save Gina, a feat that should have been impossible otherwise. If they keep that up, Gruebe and in turn Reiga could get some neat new powers and actually earn that "miraculous fusion" title. Still, wonder how Z's gonna get even considering he's not a component.

inb4 Z gets massive favoritism treatment and gets buffed to Zero lvls

Rei and Grande were also shown to hurt Reiblood’s spiritual body with their monsters’ attacks. So it probably is combat applicable.

Ultraman Z is an example. Both Ace and Delta Rise Claw Z can hurt Baraba. So they are comparable to an extent. Though the scaling might potentially change depending on how well Taro does against Post-2nd Amp Absolute Tregear. After all Delta Rise Claw Z did get one shot by Post-2nd Amp Absolute Belial with a kick.
Oh yeah speaking of Barabas, is it true that this Barabas has the powers of both the first and last Choju ?

Oh right also fun fact for anybody that cares. The Baraba that Z and Ace fought isn’t actually just a Baraba revived, powered up and controlled by Yapool. It’s actually a Baraba with the power of the first and last Chojus that Ace fought in his series on top of being buffed and controlled by Yapool. The missile Baraba fired from its nose is actually Verokron’s missile and the beam it shoots from its eyes is Jumbo King’s eye beam.

^Yes

Damn. So he practically got revived, buffed and is controlled by Yapool.

Oh yeah where exactly is the Monster Graveyard in the Ultraman Universe ?

It's widely believed to be the M78 universe, well the gate, and is still shown as such. But it's ultimately really still unknown as to where the Graveyard's real location may be.

And about this: https://natalie.mu/eiga/pp/galaxy-fight-tac/page/2, where is said that Tartarus was holding back throughout UGF 2 ?
This one

次まで3年も待たせません!

──坂本監督からお預かりしていた質問に、先ほど諏訪部さんからお答えいただきました。「今後の本シリーズに向けて、タルタロスとして演じてみたいシーンやチャレンジしてみたいことは?」という質問だったのですが、ウルトラヒーローたちとの戦いに闘志を燃やしており、フィジカル面での強さもアピールしたいとのことでした。特に戦いたいのは、諏訪部さんが思い入れのあるウルトラマンレオだそうです。

レオがお好きなんですね! 僕と同じじゃないですか。レオと何か一緒のシーンができればいいのですが。なんせタルタロスは強敵ですからね、いったいどういう戦いになるのか。

──本作の終盤では、タルタロスのフィジカル的な強さが発揮されていました。策士なイメージが強かったタルタロスですが、今後は1対1の体当たり勝負でも活躍しそうですか?

確かに本作ではタルタロスの強さは未知数でした。物語の終盤で、ウルトラマンゼロのウルティメイトシャイニングゼロという全部乗せ状態と互角に張り合える。そこでタルタロスがどれぐらい強いのか多少伝わったと思います。タルタロスの目的などが明らかになっていく今後の展開はもちろん、戦士として強さを発揮していく過程も面白くなっていくので期待してもらいたいです。

I can't wait three years until the next!

──Mr. Suwabe answered the question that Director Sakamoto had entrusted to you. The question was, "What scenes do you want to play as Tartarus or what do you want to challenge for this series in the future?" I wanted to do it. It seems that the one who wants to fight in particular is Ultraman Leo, which Mr. Suwabe has a strong feeling for.

You like Leo! Isn't it the same as me? I wish I could have a scene with Leo. After all, Tartarus is a strong enemy, so what kind of battle will it be?

──At the end of this work, Tartarus's physical strength was demonstrated. Tartarus had a strong image of being a tactician, but is it likely that he will play an active role in a one-on-one physical competition in the future?

Certainly, the strength of Tartarus was unknown in this work. At the end of the story, you can compete with Ultraman Zero's Ultimate Shining Zero, which is all on board. I think I was able to tell a little about how strong Tartarus is. Not only the future development where the purpose of Tartarus becomes clear, but also the process of demonstrating strength as a warrior will become interesting, so I would like you to expect it.

Thank You very much.

And also is destroying a universe (which comprises of Space [3D] and Time [1D]) Be enough to grant u the L2C rating ? Or do u need to have proof that the timeline is also affected ?

Well if you can prove the former is how the verse treats their universe as such then it should suffice via fulfilling the criteria of either a 4D manifold or in being a continuum. Otherwise, you would need to prove it is a timeline.

Did I ever mention I find the whole infinite snapshot thing is rather... bullshitty?

What do you mean? As in destroying a universe in the series' context in general? Considering everything we've come to know about the cosmology, it should, but just to be safe, you'll still have to prove the feat as ticking off the criteria.

You asking because you found a doo that actually did that or something?

Like this “Grand King has the power to destroy a Universe” (I have no idea if Grand King can actually do this or not).

No, it’s just that I’m curious about it.

Nah, unlike the STA Bomb, A.Darkness' statement was more along the lines of bringing ruin to, rather than a full on disappearance of the universe. It's why he's the basis for the more scale-able (High) 3-A ratings.

Less than one day left until the full release of UGF3. Though from what I heard it’s supposed to be the English dub and not the Japanese dub.

I watched the full fight between Shin Man vs Zarab, and looks like Zarab has kind of power absorption?
And i love that they referenced the scene where Man chopped Zarab head so hard it hurt his hand

I'm assuming it's the part where he got blasted by the Specium Ray, though it looked more like he just made a barrier with his power. But hey, seemed like we got mind manipulation from it at least, just like the origonal Zarab.

Also can I just say I loved how the transformation has Ultraman place Shinji in his hand before growing to full size?

Yeah, but if you looked at it again it seems Zarab were also absorb it (as you can see there's many traces when he mindhax Shin Man)

Yeah that was cool as f***, Shin Man literally popped outta nowhere from the ground and placeed Shinji in his hand

Wait, since Shin Man appears out of nowhere and grabs Shinji, and Shinji just magically dissapears. Does that mean he fuses with Shin Man ?

Back