Alesis RA-500 troubles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I infringe some forum rule.

I'm writing cause I have a malfunction on an Alesis RA-500 amp, when I turn it on the proptection leds stay on, and so no output seems to happen.

It happens with both with and without load connected.

Any idea how can I proceed?

User manual says nothing helpful about it

I have some basic knowledge about electronic, but I have no idea on how I can detect the fault.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20150626_143513-2.jpg
    IMG_20150626_143513-2.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 110
  • alesis_ra150_300_500_manual.pdf
    928.7 KB · Views: 50
Just for the records...
I found the problem, which are 2 defective cascaded transistor on the left output stage of the amp:

-TOSHIBA 2SC5200
-TOSHIBA 2SA1943

First I found the amp didn't enter in protection mode if I disconnected left channel output stage.
So I analyzed the circuit board and found the Emitter of a transistor was desoldered.
So I soldered it, but when I turned on the amp after 1 minute the fuse blewed out.

Then analyzing the circuit board of the left channel everything seems to be connected (shorted)

So I desoldered the transistors and checked one by one (just checked if BCE were shorted) and 1 of 3 pair were shorted.

So I ordered the transistor and new mica (which wasn't in good shape)...

Now I'm waiting for the spare parts, but it seems I found the problem (I hope)

Attachments

• IMG_20150707_140341.jpg
    IMG_20150707_140341.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.