MAC OS X 10.4.8 install on VMware workstation

macosxjas

10 posts in this topic

Hello i am going to show you how to install mac os x TIger 10.4.8 TIger in VMware Workstation

First download Vmware Workstation:vmware.com

MAC OS X 10.4.8(GOOGLE IT)

then burn the ISO to a DVD

Next create a new VM and go through until the VM configue

IT will say Vmware doesnt recognize the DVD as a OS so press next and then choose other then FreeBSD(If u are using Core Duo Core 2 DUo Conroe USe Windows NT FreeBSD wont Work)

Try to set the ram to 2024MB

and go to floppy hit remove and then PRESS ok

Then start the VM

Press F8 then type in -v and if it doesnt boot type -x(safe mode)

If u chose 2 processors type cpus=1 if it doesnt boot

Ok now it has booted select your language i chose english then hit next

Select Utilities Disk utility Select the VMware HardDrive(Note:If the hardrive doesnt appear and only a 4.4GB comes up change ur drive to IDE) then select partion select 1 Partion then hit partion then after its done close DiskUtility hit next select your HardDrive u made then hit next then customize Select one of the ATA kexts or it will not work

Next hit restart Then press any key then type -v again

then wait

then you will get a Welcome Screen.......

Go fill out what u want it to do

Then NEXT MAC OS X 10.4.8 Jas

on your PC

Credits:

Thanks to Torrent websites for providing the ISO

Thanks to apple to make a wonderful OS

Thanks to Vmware for the Virtualization software

Thanks to Darwin/x86 for the Darwin Bootloader

Most of all thank you JAS!!!

Thanks Post comments here if u have problems

;)

• 2 weeks later...
okeii i dont have a dvd burner but i read a little bit on this and i read that i can use a tool called damon tools to have like a virtual dvd drive..... question is can it work????????

Yes you can use Daimon Tools

Just mount the ISO

And then change it to DVD/CD and dont select it as AUTO DETECT select it as wat letter u made the monuted image as

i did this and it works fine except a little slow at times but still its nice :P

i have a question, if i were to install this without Vmware, and onto my pc, would it work the same like okeii, like the internet works and the sound quality works...it isnt the best but its something but anyways would these things not work???

thanks for this howto

when i get to patition screen what do i do because for some reason the 10gig disk i created

shows up but my keybord will not work in partition : this iswhat i am following is it the same as you said about? which OS did you choose to make the guest hard disk?

• In the Utilities menu, choose Disk Utility
  • In Disk Utility, choose your VMware hard drive from the left. In the main area, click the Partition tab
  • Set the "Volume Scheme" to one partition
  • Give the partition a name
  • Make sure the format is set to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"
  • Make sure all the hard drive space is used
  • Click Partition, Partition

Hi guys

I am new at this forum and looking for some help. I have installed JaS 10.4.8 on my IBM T60 via VMware 6.5. whole installation was fine but when it reboots finally after the installation i get a following error: System config file '/com.appale.boot.plist' not found

I am not sure how to fix that up.. Not sure if my settings are correct. I have followed the instruction that come with the torrent.

If anyone know how to fix it please reply.

I have a IBM T60 Note book with following settings.

Based on 1951-43U: T1300 core solo (1.66GHz), 2GB RAM, 150GB 7200rpm HD, 14.1in 1400x1050 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, 9c Li-Ion batt, WinXP Pro

thanks.

InstallationGuide.txt

• 3 weeks later...
i did this and it works fine except a little slow at times but still its nice :rolleyes:

i have a question, if i were to install this without Vmware, and onto my pc, would it work the same like okeii, like the internet works and the sound quality works...it isnt the best but its something but anyways would these things not work???

If u install it on PC yes its gunna be faster and u goota select the ethernet drivers from The Installer i guess never installed tiger nativley

only leopard

thanks for this howto

when i get to patition screen what do i do because for some reason the 10gig disk i created

shows up but my keybord will not work in partition : this iswhat i am following is it the same as you said about? which OS did you choose to make the guest hard disk?

• In the Utilities menu, choose Disk Utility
  • In Disk Utility, choose your VMware hard drive from the left. In the main area, click the Partition tab
  • Set the "Volume Scheme" to one partition
  • Give the partition a name
  • Make sure the format is set to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"
  • Make sure all the hard drive space is used
  • Click Partition, Partition

Ok

Yea

U need to change the drive to IDE

just creat a vm make sure this time to select custom go throughit and then thats it and make sure to choose IDE

Hi guys

I am new at this forum and looking for some help. I have installed JaS 10.4.8 on my IBM T60 via VMware 6.5. whole installation was fine but when it reboots finally after the installation i get a following error: System config file '/com.appale.boot.plist' not found

I am not sure how to fix that up.. Not sure if my settings are correct. I have followed the instruction that come with the torrent.

If anyone know how to fix it please reply.

I have a IBM T60 Note book with following settings.

Based on 1951-43U: T1300 core solo (1.66GHz), 2GB RAM, 150GB 7200rpm HD, 14.1in 1400x1050 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, 9c Li-Ion batt, WinXP Pro

thanks.

Oh i guess u need to reinstall lol sorry man