Which player is the one for th A81 as I cant get any to load

thanks

Chough
Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #317
warone
warone began at the beginning.

Device: W1060 A81
http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/d...do=file&id=462

This one should work. I copied it to my MicroSDCard and installed to the same card. Then I put a shortcut to it on my Today/Desktop screen. Works great. I'm going to try out the flash(flv) codec tonight to check if it works.

let me know if you can't get it to download. We'll figure out another way to make it work.

I found it on the mobility site. Here's some info from the creater/poster of the program. (see below)

Downloads: A new file has been added by Unit ZER0:

TCPMP Master Codec Pack 4 (WM6 Ultimate Edition) EXE Installer

This is the latest version of my codec pack, with a new, altered version of TCPMP included. It can play almost ANY media file out there, with the exceptions of on2 VP6, and Flash video HD It should theoretically work in any version of Windows Mobile from 2003 onward, but you won't need the WMV DLL's for any OS before WM6. It does possess a subtitle plugin, but I cannot verify if it works or not.

Last edited by warone; 03-25-2010 at 05:13 PM.
warone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #318
mervsduh
mervsduh began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just received my WITS A81.

All I can say is --- awesome. This device with its 7" screen is awesome! I am so happy that I bought this device.

I was contemplating on getting iTouch which is going to cost me around AUD$260 at the local electronic shop. But what bugged me is the size of the screen. I wanted a bigger screen that I can carry on my bag because I carry around books and comics anyway --- so if I can put those in a 7" device --- shweet.

I considered netbooks but they're bulky and there's no way I can carry and read it over with one hand. I have seen people on trains and buses that they have this tiny netbook on their lap and it does not look healthy at all, scrunching over just to read tiny fonts. What I need is a device with a big enough screen that I can lift with one hand.

My WITS A81 is perfect. And the fact that there is an R&D for this device (albeit slow) is good enough as we will soon see improvements. This device is perfect what its made for --- ebook reading, comic reading, web browsing --- unless it started advertising that it can cook for you then yea --- we should all complain --

Heck for AUD$245, this device is a perfect! Good thing I didnt go for iTouch. Now I carry around in my bag a 7" with heaps of comics and PDFs and ebooks. Awesome!

Kudos to Kathy. She's an angel sending this device to me at the perfect condition.

Cheers!
mervsduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #319
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by htklee888 View Post
The first Simplified Chinese version of Android for A81 had just been released and is available in the Witstech Chinese Forum.

Downloading and yet to be tested!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuber5 View Post
I placed my order with JTShop on Wednesday, and I just received an email that they will also be putting the Android release on my A81 before shipping it on Sunday.

htklee888, did you ever finish the download and try it?

Unless they've continued updating it, the last I read it is still missing several important functions (sound, and wifi I believe, amongst others), but as I'm mostly interested in using this as an ebook reader, I'm hoping that even as it is the Android might work for me; I'm also hoping that it boots quickly, and extends the battery life, and has decent suspend (or hibernate) functionality. Hey, a kid can dream, can't he?
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #320
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
warone - Here is the link for the CCUI for W1080:

CCUI-W1060.rar

I have a version I made for the SmartQ/V7 as well:

CCUI-SmartQ-V7.rar

This is just a glorified menu layer that resides over the WinCE OS. Some folks say its a little slow and some folks like it. You can see the INI files and structure of the menu system and it is quite easy to customize for the applications on whatever device you have. I have some WinCE applications that go with this as well. All of them are freeware and quite helpful if you use WinCE:

WinCE Applications (including MMCE a great comic reader for WinCE and AlReader2 the ebook reader).

Also some Backgrounds for AlReader2

I also updated the UI link on the main review of this post.

Screenshot of the UI (click for full size):

Regards,

Last edited by ColdSun; 03-26-2010 at 12:58 AM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 AM   #321
htklee888
htklee888 began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs View Post
I placed my order with JTShop on Wednesday, and I just received an email that they will also be putting the Android release on my A81 before shipping it on Sunday.

htklee888, did you ever finish the download and try it?

Unless they've continued updating it, the last I read it is still missing several important functions (sound, and wifi I believe, amongst others), but as I'm mostly interested in using this as an ebook reader, I'm hoping that even as it is the Android might work for me; I'm also hoping that it boots quickly, and extends the battery life, and has decent suspend (or hibernate) functionality. Hey, a kid can dream, can't he?
Yes. Tried it. A bit disappointment, as I have also tried an "earlybird/beta/alpha?" of android unofficially available in the forum some a week ago. This version is in fact very similar to that version. No WIFI, no Bluetooth, No sound in general but works when playing in the video player.

I only got 2 android programs available in the forum that would work. A few other android programs that I downloaded from other sources do not seem to work, incl an ebook reader. I'll see if other ebook reader work later.

Finally, the android system cannot shut down properly in my system and as reported by others in the Chinese forum. May need the old trick - take out the battery in order to turn it off! It seems the power management works though, screen off after some 30s or less, which should help saving power.
htklee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #322
warone

Thanks a bunch ColdSun. I'll give it a try tonight.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #323
bryanzs
Zealot

Quote:
Yes. Tried it. A bit disappointment, as I have also tried an "earlybird/beta/alpha?" of android unofficially available in the forum some a week ago. This version is in fact very similar to that version. No WIFI, no Bluetooth, No sound in general but works when playing in the video player.

I only got 2 android programs available in the forum that would work. A few other android programs that I downloaded from other sources do not seem to work, incl an ebook reader. I'll see if other ebook reader work later.

Finally, the android system cannot shut down properly in my system and as reported by others in the Chinese forum. May need the old trick - take out the battery in order to turn it off! It seems the power management works though, screen off after some 30s or less, which should help saving power.
Thanks for that info, htklee888. I don't know if turning off the screen after 30s will help me use it as an ebook reader, though Maybe that's adjustable?

Can you tell me, too, how fast (or slow) does it boot up in Android? Faster, or slower, than in CE?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #324
htklee888
htklee888 began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs View Post
Thanks for that info, htklee888. I don't know if turning off the screen after 30s will help me use it as an ebook reader, though Maybe that's adjustable?

Can you tell me, too, how fast (or slow) does it boot up in Android? Faster, or slower, than in CE?
About the same I think! But remember, android is booted off SD card now If final version is in ROM, it might even be faster. The look however, s much better than CE!
htklee888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #325
bryanzs
Zealot

Thanks for the info on the startup time.

Quote:
Finally, the android system cannot shut down properly in my system and as reported by others in the Chinese forum. May need the old trick - take out the battery in order to turn it off!
I noticed over in the blog at the JTShop that they discuss how to reboot the Android A81 - have you seen this, and tried it?

http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/d...html#more-6757
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #326
dmitry
dmitry began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey, Where is promised W1090 review ?
I scrolled briefly forum and did not find answer about W1060. Did they fix issues with internet browsing? I remembered that ColdSun said it's slow. Did anyone try to install opera mobile on it?
dmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #327
warone

Tested the TCPMP player with FLV files

I actually had one FLV movie file that would play, all the others seem to stall out and then a TCPMP window states the the file is incompatible with the system. I really believe that some good programming type person could make FLV files work on this device with TCPMP or maybe Coreplayer. Anyway, I just convert all of my movie files to WMV or AVI or MP4 files and play them that way.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #328
nonanon
Enthusiast
nonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad, Nook Simple Touch
@warone: If you go back a few pages you'll see I posted a long list of programs that will work with the A81, from an upload by phuongt. It's not ideal as a game machine due to the total lack of buttons but you can play some games with a stylus or fingertip, such as Bejeweled. I assume hangman and word games, missile command and similar games would also work.

My faves are:
movies - Coreplayer
books - ALReader for all but prc/pdb (I use mobipocket for those)
pics and comics - MMCE
I haven't had wifi turned on for a long time due to browser problems and speed and it still won't see my network so I can stream videos from my PC. Which is something I'm sure the iPad will do extremely well.

@mervsduh: They began promising Android back in November when I first looked at the A81, saying it would be ready by December. I doubt we'd care half as much if they hadn't dangled it out there. I'd accept linux instead since I don't know how well Android will work on the A81 since it has no hardware buttons.

If you take out the battery you'll lose time/date settings so I'd suggest trying a hard reset by holding the power button down until the device reboots. That works even when the reset button fails to shut down my A81.

I've had some FLV files play but I've also had files of almost every format fail to play, most notably MPG files. I've resorted to encoding most everything into h.264 MP4 for iTouch, that way I can put them on my Touch and have them if I ever buy an iPad.
nonanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #329
chough
Nameless Being

TCMP

Dear Warone

I downloaded it fine but when i ran it ,it bombed out with a message saying that it couldn't find active sync!

Do i need that to install it?

thanks

chough
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #330
warone

Chough, I want make sure you understand I'm not an expert on this gadget but I am glad to help you to try and make this work. I uninstalled TCPMP player and found another download site for the TCPMP altered version at this site.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113179
The first link is the Cab installer. I downloaded that and installed the cab file on my MicroSD card. I then double tapped the cab file and installed it on the SD card in a folder that I labeled Storage card/Program files. It installed fine into a folder labeled "TCPMP". Then I navigated to this folder and double tapped the execute "player.exe". It takes about 20-30 seconds to come up on the first run, but after that it loads fairly quick and plays a good variety of files (mp4, avi, wmv, etc.). So if you want, try download this again and give it a try. I hope that it works for you.

Last edited by warone; 03-28-2010 at 07:37 AM.